'03 chevy impala parking light flashers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
davids604 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2007 at 1:30 AM / IP Logged  

Hello,

I've almost completed my remote start/alarm installation!  Just a few outstanding items.

The parking lights is the big one, there are 3 white wires going into the pink 24-pin plug at the BCM, so I'm not sure which one to apply (-) to, in order to get the flashers going.  Don't really want to ground the wires if they're not the correct ones.  Anyone know how I can figure it out?

Thank you for any advice.

Some other outstanding items:  The car locked picture comes up when I remote start, then turn the key, the pass lock 2 is complaining because the resistor/relay bypass module I plugged in is turning off slightly after I turn the key, so it's seeing the wrong resistance for a split second, everything still operates, but I would like to get this fixed, is there a way to keep it from doing this? 

Thanks again for any of your help.

I appreciate it.

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 02, 2007 at 7:45 AM / IP Logged  
As far as parking lights go for the 03 Impala, forget what the sheet says. Just use a negative trigger to the blue wire at the switch. To test if you are on the right wire put your DMM's red lead to +12V, probe the blue wire and it should read ground when the parking lights are on.
For your second question, how did you bypass the PLII did you use resistors or a module?
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
davids604 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2007 at 8:56 AM / IP Logged  

I used a resistor. which connects by a relay when and only the remote starter (-) activates, and the 12V hits the starter cable, then after which, remains on until either the ground or +12 is released. 

Thanks for the blue wire tip, and method of discovery, I think i found a light blue wire at the switch, not a regular blue one tho, but I can test like you said and figure it out I guess.  Thanks!

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 02, 2007 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  
davids604 wrote:
I used a resistor. which connects by a relay when and only the remote starter (-) activates, and the 12V hits the starter cable, then after which, remains on until either the ground or +12 is released.
Try using the ignition output to power the relay instead of the starter output.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
davids604 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2007 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  

Haha, funny you mention that, because that's what I did at first, and the car didn't like it because you need to apply the resistor when the starter kicks in, and after that, it has to stay connected until you turn off the car.  If you apply it before you start, or remove it after you've started, then it'll shut off your engine because the passlock 2 isn't pleased.  That's the way passlock 2 has to work.  Thanks for the suggestion though.

I was thinking about it, and I think if you add another replay to the ground for the bypass module, then you can get the bypass module to remain active even though the ground is removed by the alarm.  It's not said to do it this way, but hopefully it works.

davids604 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2007 at 1:20 AM / IP Logged  

I put a sticking relay for the ground to the bypass module, and it seems to work in keeping the security light off.  I also figured that if you turn the key and rotate into the "starter" position again, it'll actually activate the passlock 2 resistance from the key cylinder, and now if the bypass module disengages, it's ok because the key cyclinder is now showing the resistance.  So the security light doesn't come on anymore.  This is kind of tricky, this only works because the "starter" position doesn't work if the engine is already started, that's an anti-grind feature that chevy implimented, if they didn't have this, you'd have to grind just to keep the security light from coming on. 

As for the parking lights, I found a light blue wire, and it reads +12VDC when the parking lights are off, and when I turn them on through the switch it drops to 0V.  So it does in fact read "ground" when they're turned on.  Does this mean I should ground that wire to activate the parking lights?  I don't want to ground a wire that's reading +12VDC though, could lead to a burnt fuse right?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic