icon

the big 3 without a high output alt

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sonofthor 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2007 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  
I was thinking of doing the big 3 in my BMW 3 series (e36) but Looking at the wiring it looks pretty substantial - 3 or 4 gauge.. Is this typical?
mrarff 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2007 at 4:00 PM / IP Logged  

earlier in a post, I may have sounded a little flippant concerning grounding upgrades. What is best will give not only better grounds for your audio, but also better performance for your engine. with standard black battery cables, (the ones with pre-atteched "lug" ends, and of appropriate length, start at the block on the passenger side and attach cable from the block to the cylinder head on passenger side. then connect ground cable to cylinder head on drivers side. from there attach cable to block on drivers side. then ground cable from alternator to battery ground,and then battery ground to chassis. from there, does'nt really hurt to run ground cable to tranny case.then, red cable of same size from alternator pos to battery pos, and just to make sure, I've run 2/0 wire from battery directly back to amp area where it splits and grounds both amps. no noise,no half @##@@ grounding issues.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic