icon

2004 ford f 250 dome light delay?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
riggz 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2007 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  

I have installed a Viper 5900SST alarm in my truck and I am stumped on one thing. I have the door trigger input (-) hooked up to the BLACK/ blue wire which is also +12v whenever the dome light is on. The issue I'm having is whenever I exit the truck the dome light has a delay and I can't arm the Viper 5900 until that dome light goes out (or else it will think a door is open.) Is there a way to find another door trigger or disable the dome light delay?

Thanks

-=riggz
irocz288 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2007 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  
hey how is it going? now you say you have "I have the door trigger input (-) hooked up to the BLACK/ blue wire which is also +12v whenever " now you mean you are taped into the same gound input that the Lighting Control Module is useing for the dome lights and only shows a ground when a doord is opened. i don't understand about the "12v whenever the dome light is on" are you taling about a diffrent wire the is supplying the voltage to the interior lights? I know how to disable the lights but gey back to me on the wiring, i know what you mean about he delay it is a pain in the A** waiting for it to go out just to arm your system specily when it is cold. -Dave
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2007 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  
You would hook up the BLACK/ blue domelight wire to the purple (+) door trigger input. Then go into the programming for the alarm and turn "Door sensor bypass chirp" to OFF.
riggz 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2007 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  

JWorm wrote:
You would hook up the BLACK/ blue domelight wire to the purple (+) door trigger input. Then go into the programming for the alarm and turn "Door sensor bypass chirp" to OFF.

Ah, so will this still trip the alarm if the door opened?

-=riggz
riggz 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2007 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  

Nevermind, I found my answer in the installation guide. :) Thanks!

Viper 5900SST Installation Guide wrote:

2-5 DOOR SENSOR BYPASS CHIRP ON/OFF: This feature controls the error chirp that is generated if the system is armed with the door trigger active. This is useful in vehicles that have a long dome light delay after the door has been closed. If the system is armed before the dome light has turned off, the security system will generate the door trigger error chirp. If this error chirp is not desired, use this feature to disable the door open error chirp. If the bypass chirp is turned off, no bypass chirp will be generated, even if a door is accidentally left open.

-=riggz

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic