icon

Crime Stopper Alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Two_Cold 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2003 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  
I have a Crime Stopper Alarm/remote start. I have the full kit but I was wondering if anyone that has used Crimestopper stuff before could tell me how it's quality is. Since I am not familiar with that brand I am reluctant to install it in my car.
I've installed Hammer brand before and was very disappointed I don't want to repeat the experience. Hammer=poor quality, I learned that the hard way.
Any advice would be appreciated.
zargon 
Copper - Posts: 186
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2003 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged  
I have installed two crime stoppers in the last couple of weeks, they were solid and easy enough to install,they were the ones with the two way remotes.
Two_Cold 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2003 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks. That is the type I have with the 2 way remotes.
I've never installed that brand before but the manual looks good. My only concern is with the reliability of it over time. Some of the cheaper brands I've installed have worked great for 6-12 months then became erratic. Range shrinks to a few feet, 2 way remotes become 1 way, or the alarm simply fails to detect anything. I even had one that started the car whenever an electrical storm hit the area. That is mostly what I am afraid of.
What I have is the Crime Stopper CS2015FM2 model. Anyone have one of these installed for a few months or year?
Thanks again zargon.
Haku 
Copper - Posts: 204
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2003 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
Crimestopper products are great quality.  I have installed plenty of the remote start units, and have not had a single failure.  I have one in both my vehicles.
Hak
Siemens Autostart
Two_Cold 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2003 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you Haku
That is what I wanted to hear. I was unfamiliar with the product line and was unsure if I should sell it or use it. I'm glad to hear it is a quality product.
I will be installing it this weekend then.
Thanks Haku & zargon
chuckles 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2003 at 9:26 AM / IP Logged  
I've installed about a dozen or so the past couple of years for friends and family and have had no problems with any of them. The ones I've put in are the 2011 rs which is the sister of the one you have, all the features but the remote page. I get good distance on the remotes too, at least 1/4 mile or more. Good luck.   Chuck.
dyer 
Copper - Posts: 206
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2003 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  
I personally installed one myself in my car. This was about a year ago. I have'nt had any trouble at all. I love it. The range for the remotes is spectacular. no complaints, I'd definately reccomend one! I have the
cs-2011rs
Dyer
Two_Cold 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2003 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for all the replies. Much apppreciated.
I am almost done the install. I am just taking a break to let the blood flow back down to the rest of my body.
Anyone want to buy a Hammer remote start/alarm. It has a range of about 10 feet (if you press the button about 20 times) the alarm will trigger about 50% of the time when car is violated. The lcd remote's display is blank. It will be in my garbage can tonight if anyone wants it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic