icon

07 nbs chevy silverado, nav/xm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cowboyl 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2007 at 1:58 AM / IP Logged  
ok ive looked for an hour now and cant find my question, so here goes  1)  i understand about the vss and how it shuts down the dvd display from the driver.  now on my 07 silverado with nav/dvd its not speed sensitive.  as soon as i shift out of park it shuts down the video.......so my question is there a park circit or is it getting the info to shut down from the gm-lan bus ? and would disabiling the vss at the fuse box (if that is still availible on my vehicle) fix my issue to be able to enter addresses and watch dvd up front......and yes i know about the lockpick....    2)  the ford nav system looks awful close to the gm system, so has anyone seen or tried to swap a ford sirius brain into the gm  xm system with good results ....or am i stuck waiting for sirius to reliese there gm lan bus version of there brain to swap. 
mobilefx 
Copper - Posts: 48
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2007 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  

i deal w/ peripheral... they make a part to help your front video prob.  to do the install you need to cut the vss and one wire for the gps input and run it thru the module.. its spendy but seems to be good.  i have to do one in a few weeks on a new escalade.  i think you tap the mute input on the steering wh controls twice quickly to activate/deactivate it.   not sure of part number but its available

the fords that i have worked on w/ nav are pioneer decks from the factory.   lots of stupid probs btw  do to overloading canbus.

i think the gm sir1 will work to replace the xm but you need some stupid lan adaptor.. i am a car audio shop owner and am not sure where to get it..convienently you can get it from crutchfield i think for like $40 bucks.   the gm sir1 and antenna go for 100-125.    i have used the factory xm antenna for the sirius tuners.  only one guy said he had choppy signal.. others were cool.

hope that makes sense and is helpful

mobile f/x

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic