icon

04 durango factory alarm disarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mxxmikexx 
Silver - Posts: 796
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2007 at 11:34 AM / IP Logged  
on the 2004 dodge durango audiovox's website says to disarm the factory alarm, you can either do it with the factory remote or by powering up the ignition wires and keybox at the same time. i was installing an audiovox remote starter and used my light blue, ground while remote start/2nd ignition wire to trigger my keybox and a relay to power the ignition wires at the same time. however , every time i remote started the vehicle after locking it with the factory remote, the factory alarm would trigger. I then hooked up my light blue wire to the factory keysense wire hoping that would stop the alarm from triggering, but that didnt work. do i need to use a relay to throw a stonger ground to the keysense? I've never had these problems with dodge vehicles with factory alarms going off with remote starter. i know flashlogic makes a chdl7pk, but i read a tech note that this module will not disarm the factory alarm on a 2004 durango. so how do i get the factory alarm to stop triggering while remote starting?
Mike Battaglia
Specialized Car Audio
Bensenville IL 60106
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 04, 2007 at 5:41 PM / IP Logged  
What is the make and model of the RS you installed? I have seen some systems activate the status output after the ignition. Had to use the ignition output to energize the bypass module.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
mxxmikexx 
Silver - Posts: 796
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2007 at 10:09 AM / IP Logged  
just got off the phone with trilogix/transponerbypass, you have to power up the ignition, acc, and keysense at the same time to disarm fact. alarm on the 04' durango's. So i guess i will go back and try that. and according to them, the chdl7-pk2 interface module will not disarm the factory alarm.
Mike Battaglia
Specialized Car Audio
Bensenville IL 60106
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 05, 2007 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  

In the Astrochart they have a diagram the using 2 pulse before's to trigger 2 relays (using 3 diodes ...good Lord) to light up ign. 1, amd 2, as well as the neg. key sence, AND the bypass module.

I don't have the capability to draw this out, so I'm sorry for just talking about it. I could describe it in detail.....but it would be quite a paragraph.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic