icon

07 ram, remote start killed keyless?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bottledviolence 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2007 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged  
I just installed the Dodge remote start on a 2007 Dodge ram. Now the keyless entry doesn't work. The problem is intermittant, but seems to be getting more frequent. When it doesn't work, none of the keyless entry functions work. The remote start has a seperate fob and works fine. Neither keyless entry remote works when its acting up. This appears to be a common problem, but I have not heard of any fixes yet.
Anyone know whats going on?
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2007 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  
NEVER ever had that problem, done a few dozen of those trucks.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
tintking 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2007 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
Well actually ive seen this before . I had  a doge come in with the same problem . if my memory serves me correct there is a negatuve starter that needs to be powered up when engaging remote start . This was in a dodgew caravan but this sounds simsilar to what i seen before . (starter works fine , door  locks work and then stop / then the whole system stops working) .However if this isnt the case make sure you check over your wirnig ignition,acessory,2 accesory.
Cameron : Tint King
1780 albion rd
rexdale , ontario
saskpuller 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2007 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  

I have heard of all sorts of funny things happening with these dodge's. Have even experienced a few first hand however this is the first I've heard of keyless quit working. I've been told that by isolating the mux wire that may clear up the issue. Have no idea why, how or even if it works but was given this info. I just do it on all my 06-07 ram's.

bottledviolence 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2007 at 8:40 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the looks.
The truck is at the dealership for some other work right now, but we'll be looking at it tomorrow.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic