icon

04 silverado, alarm/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rt4x4 
Copper - Posts: 107
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2007 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  
I just bought a python 990 and was wondering what all modules i needed,also i have read where the 2nd ingnition harness (white wire has to be powered,is there something that i need to do special with this? any help appreciated
rt4x4 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2007 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
also i dont care about using any of the alarm features
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2007 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  
just be sure to hook up the pink/white 2nd ign output from the python to the white 2nd ignition of your truck. as for the modules, i would suggest a 1700G (if you can still find one), an XK01, or any other combo interface for the passkey ignition and databus locks
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 05, 2007 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
Just to throw some more information into the mix. If it is a base model truck you can grab the door locks at the BCM, light blue for lock, white for unlock, negative pulse in the light blue plug. The only module you would need is for PLII bypass, my recommendation for the PLII bypass on a base model truck is the GMBP from bypasskit.com. If it is not a base model truck then the GMDL-BP would do the door locks/alarm/etc as well as bypass. There are several manufacturers that make bypasses/interfaces for that platform this is just another to add to the list posted by another-kelly.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
another-kelly 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2007 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  
i still haven't come across a "base model" as described by that on directwire. had a silverado in with the vinyle floor, manual tranny, V6 (i think), and power locks only. didn't have those at the BCM. once heard rumor you can maybe insert pins into the harness in those locations but not this guy
rt4x4 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2007 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  
it is not at base model ,ls model with power windows and doorlocks, i am still not sure which module would be best, thanks for everyones help
rt4x4 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2007 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged  
also what would be involved in having the perimeter lighting to still work?
another-kelly 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2007 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged  
i know the 457G, 1700G, and XK01 are supposed to do the perimeter lighting. XK01 being the latest and greatest module of the three
rt4x4 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2007 at 8:16 AM / IP Logged  
if you use a 1700g module on a 2004 chevy silverado ls do you need to use the key sense?
rt4x4 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2007 at 9:36 AM / IP Logged  
also do i need to hook up the tach wire behind the inst cluster for a dei remote start
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic