icon

2 18fi ssd or 4 tempest x 15

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jonathancullen 
Silver - Posts: 282
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2007 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  
yea sorry about last post, i didnt have alot of time and i think i misspelled something in my google search. i have only one problem, i dont have email at my house and school has it blocked. imma try posting a thread on one of those forums they have and see if anyone reply's. other then that, there isnt any insite you guys could give me? as far as box size, tunning frequency. i will more then likely be going with the tempests because i want to try them. only one year warrenty though, i guess that is what most are though....
two 12" cadence TXW-12S, cadence TXA-3002 amplifier, 1990 toyota celica system 10 speakers
jonathancullen 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2007 at 1:31 PM / IP Logged  

hah i cannot even post on thier forums because i have to validate though email my account. so you guys are my only option until i can figure out a new proxy site to get past all of my admins blocks =)

two 12" cadence TXW-12S, cadence TXA-3002 amplifier, 1990 toyota celica system 10 speakers
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 13, 2007 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  
It's really hard to say as the install will have a huge impact on the performance.  The Tempest has more linear excursion capabilities so displacement should be higher.  However due to the XBL^2 motor the coil will more than likely be shorter, and therefore able to handle less power.  This could be an issue if you are going to be at the subs thermal limits.  I don't see any coil information on Fi's site, so this is only an assumption.
jonathancullen 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2007 at 8:28 AM / IP Logged  
yes the power handling is really low on the tempests, one 600 watts i believe. right now i have a 1200 watt cadence amp so i would be able to power two of them. because of money issues with my car breaking down again i will only be able to guy either two of the tempests or one of the fi SSD (cannot afford a bigger amp right now for two ssd) thank you for your replies, every bit of information is helpful.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic