icon

pioneer deh p6500, and a sony amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wolf56 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2007 at 11:57 AM / IP Logged  

i have a pioneer deh-p6500 deck, i like it alot, but whenever i change from tuner/aux/cd, or turn it on/off it makes a rly loud pop, sometimes a triple pop, and will even go continous like its shorted out, is it just the deck? the guy i bought it from said it made a popping sound but i didnt imagine it would be this bad. the constant popping has stopped 4 now but it still makes a loud pop which makes the sub hit painfully bad and stretch to its max

also ever since i reinstalled the deck the BLACK/ whites will reverse every few mins, its a BLACK/ white deck, but the black becomes white and white becomes black for about 2-3 mins

and as for the sony amp i forget the model but its 1600 watts peak mono with 4 40 amp fuses. is that efficient or is it way overrated? ive heard sony is notorious for overrating, ive tried to understand how to determine it but all i got is confused

jrod83 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2007 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  
how do you have your sub amp wired to the deck..is the remote straight form the deck or is it on a switch?....if the amp turns on b4 the head unit it will usually catch unwanted signal. a friend of mine had his on a switch and sometimes hed leave it on and it would do the same thing...
MECP Certified
I am the loudest and proudest member of the Fighting Aggies Class of '11 WHOOP!
SAW 'EM OFF!
wolf56 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2007 at 4:32 PM / IP Logged  
hmm, i actually plan on installing it on a switch for this reason,i myself believe its the deck, so if i have a switch and wait for the normal popping time to pass and then switch it on it will save my sub... i was just wondering if anyone knew why it did that, thats the 1 reason i want to get a new deck because of the popping
wolf56 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2007 at 11:34 PM / IP Logged  
sry for double post, but i just figured something out,alrighty, my switch is installed, and working and what not, but well, i dont know how to explain what my cd-deck does, the deck random sends a signal that makes the sub hit out of beat, or even if the decks paused/volumes turned down,
it seems damaging to the sub, and totally wrecks my music, the Deh-P6500
is driving me nutz, im ready to buy a alpine and never touch pioneer again.
could it be the decks not properly grounded? or something else? i have the wires all hooked up right, im going to re-check all of them next time i have a chance, but if anyone knows why my pioneer deck will just go nutz randomly making my sub hit, then plz help,
also its not my amp, even if its a sony amp, its not it, i hooked my ipod directly up to the amp when one of the "fits" was happening and the ipod played crystal clear(i played a sub test song)so yeah... its the p.o.s deck, and i like it, i just cant stand the annoyance
fknfbm 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2007 at 12:26 AM / IP Logged  

Since you say that only the sub is "hitting" out of beat, it narrows it down to either, amp, rca, or preouts. All that the remote wire does is send a +12v signal to the amp telling it to turn on. Basically you could hook the remote up to the +12v acc wire if needed. There is no need to put a switch in between the remote wire unless you want to listen to your system without the sub. But if I am correct a Pioneer 6500 has a sub control?

Simple, maybe dumb question? Are you running RCA's? If so, make sure that they arent pinched or that the physical end connection between the RCA/amp or RCA/pre-out isnt bad. Its not uncommon for any amps RCA connection to be wiggled enough to become unsoldered. I cannot STRESS how many problems can be fixed with a quality set of RCA cables.

If you arent running RCA's, and are running spk lvl inputs. Ditch that early 90's doodie and use the preoutputs provided.

fknfbm 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2007 at 12:27 AM / IP Logged  
Btw how did you hook up your Ipod directly to your amp???
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2007 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, either you have a defective head unit or a bad hookup issue.  Start by disconnecting everything and troubleshooting the head unit.  If it is the issue, it should exhibit symptoms by itself.  If it's OK, examine each piece of your system one at a time.
Support the12volt.com
sarcomax 
Copper - Posts: 276
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2007 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  
Pioneer radio...random noise...Ground the outer shield of your RCA's to the chassis of the radio. Pioneer radios have a problem with the fuse that they put in on the ground plane blowing. Sometimes this causes an unbearably loud squealing, sometimes it makes your subs hit funny.
wolf56 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2007 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  
well, im not sure at all, im going to rewire all my stock and everything tommorow, yes the p6500 has sub controls, but the rca thingy i doubt, i was using some $17 kicker rcas b4, and i replaced those with a $50 set of tsunamis, and i hooked the ipod up with the aux adapter,
but i know for sure its not the amp, rca's i will check to make sure there not kinked or nothings broken with them
and by chance since i bought 2 type-rs today im rewiring everything(and because my headlight switch disconnected and i had to resodder it)
but im 90% positive its the deck, without the amp hooked up to the deck, it makes the speakers do a *pop* when i change from tuner to aux to cd, and when i start it, the guy i bought it from told me this, i didnt think it would do it with the sub too
sarcomax what do u mean by grounding the outer shield? im not into cutting my rca's at all... i lost a $40 pair of rockford fosgates because the d*cks who stole my old alpine deck decided to cut the rca's rather then unplug them
so any recommendations on a deck under $250, prefferably around $150

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic