icon

auxiliary trunk opener valet 712t

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
frans-c 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2007 at 3:14 AM / IP Logged  
I installed a Valet 712T not too long ago. I wired it according to the wiring diagram B on the sketch, because I implemented a switch-to-ground door lock switch.
auxiliary trunk opener valet 712t - Last Post -- posted image.
I wired the module to lock and unlock my trunk as well when locking and unlocking the other doors. All locks are the plain gun-type actuators, with the blue and green wires.
Now, I'd like to implement the auxiliary channel on the 712T, so that I can unlock the trunk separately. I understand that to lock it again, I'd have to use the lock button on the remote control.
This is what I want the system to accomplish:
  • When unlocking the doors, the trunk should unlock as well. Ditto for locking.
  • When using the auxiliary channel, the trunk should unlock - that's quite obvious.
  • After the trunk has been unlocked, it should lock again by pressing the lock button on the remote control.
I don't have any problem setting up the relay for the trunk actuator. The only thing I'm wondering about is whether or not I'll have to implement a diode. The way I see it, when I use the auxiliary channel to unlock the trunk, the current going to the unlock wire in the trunk will unlock all the doors that are connected to the trunk actuator as well. Is this correct?
F R A N S
1985 Mercedes-Benz 230E
320 000 km / 199 000 miles
Full MB Service History
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2007 at 6:32 AM / IP Logged  
Make/model/yr/door/trim package?
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
frans-c 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2007 at 6:41 AM / IP Logged  
I didn't think it was of relevance - but check my signature...
I don't have the vacuum system anymore; I completely stripped all vacuum lines and door lock actuators and replaced it with a full electric system, using the Valet 712T and the generic gun-type actuators.
F R A N S
1985 Mercedes-Benz 230E
Full MB Service History
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2007 at 6:59 AM / IP Logged  
Lets pretend that you got relay setup for all your door lock actuators and another relay setup for your trunk actuator to work properly...
For trunk actuator, just tag the lock wire from Valet and tag the aux channel to unlock.
I am not familiar w/ those old benz nor any benz if that matter, but what is up w/ the lock and unlock on trunk? Does it have trunk pop actuator?
It seems that you value this vehicle a lot.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
frans-c 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2007 at 8:16 AM / IP Logged  
Well, I also installed a generic actuator in the trunk. It doesn't pop the trunk like a solenoid would, it simply locks and unlocks it like the passenger doors.
Your advice makes sense, yes. However, what I'm wondering about is this: the trunk actuator and passenger doors' actuators are interconnected, i.e. when I unlock or lock the doors with the remote control, the trunk does accordingly.
Now, if I use the auxiliary channel on the Valet, will the unlock current not also pass through the other actuators, thereby unlocking them as well? I understand that I need to connect the lock wire directly to the Valet.
Shouldn't I interpose a diode somewhere within the auxiliary channel's wiring? I think I would have to interpose it just after the auxiliary channels unlock wire - in other words place the diode within the unlocking wire going from the OTHER unlock wire that is connected with the other doors' unlock wires. In the end, I'm going to have two sets of trunk wires - one set which locks and unlocks the trunk in conjunction with the other doors, and another set that only unlocks the trunk with the auxiliary channel.
F R A N S
1985 Mercedes-Benz 230E
Full MB Service History

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic