adding two 508d's in one car.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dreamerize 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2007 at 2:30 PM / IP Logged  
Hello All,
I've been having trouble trying to get a straight answer out of some local shops/people regarding this issue. I currently have 1 508D in my car in the center, but was thinking of adding another 508D towards the back or front of the car to get some more coverage.
I've been told that having two of these in a car will have it false, or instant trigger because of the conflict of frequencies.
Can anybody shed some light on this? I'd really like to have the warn away on every part of the car.
Thanks!
dreamerize 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2007 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged  
Anybody know?
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2007 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  
well from what i know, adding prox sensors or anysensors is not a problem, as long as u diode isolate them so they dont "feeback" on one another. it should be okay if u have 2 508ds wire to one unit for more coverage. Since they are dual zone, not too sure if they will trigger one another off. shouldnt, but might be wrong.
dreamerize 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2007 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the help!
I'm actually adding another alarm to my car because the features conflict with the first alarm I installed.
So, I'm adding a piggy back that just has a horn honk output, shock, radar. No other features from it.
But, rather then tap into the current 508D in the car, I'm going to mount another 508D and have it separate from the first alarm.
I thought maybe I could just tap into the 508 sensor for two alarms, but I figure I'd run into some problems.
So basically,
Car Alarm #1 - CompuSTAR with all the goodies, shock, radar, pressure.
+ all the features it can support.
Car Alarm #2 - Piggyback add-on - has own 508d, stock shock, and horn
honk output only.
Just wanting to see if the two 508d's will conflict with each other.
I've heard different stories from different installers and I couldn't find an answer using the search function.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Also, before anyone asks why I don't use the horn honk output on the CompuSTAR, it's quite simple. On arming, when the horn honk is enabled, we can't disable the arm or disarm without the horn sounding with the way it's setup with a special beep module.
So, I want to run a separate piggyback to get the horn honk output just for the warn away. The siren is just to quiet on the CompuSTAR.
Thanks again!
dreamerize 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2007 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  
What I mean by conflict with each other, I mean the invisibeam going around the car, the radar's beam's from both 508d's. Not wiring conflicts.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2007 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  
adding 2 alarms into one car isnt a smart idea. if they both trigger for whatever reason, each unit is going to send 12votls to your parking lights and to other things. Have fun replacing the electrical system in the car. As long as u have a good alarm you should be good. its not more the better. I understand u want to warn people. to get a louder siren pick up a PIEZO siren.
dreamerize 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2007 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged  
The alarm will only be hooked into the horn and the radar, no lights.
So, no need to worry about sending extra voltage.
Very basic.
Also, I have 4 piezo's already :)
I'm just wondering if the dual 508d's will conflict or interfere with each other on the actual beam, not the wiring.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic