the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

dead lock output, compustar cm4200 brain?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dcman41 
Copper - Posts: 211
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2007 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
Whats up? I just installed a compustar remote start on my fathers 94 Chevorlet S-10 Blazer, Everything went well (Mecp Certified, and worked with remotestarts alarms for 5 yrs +) Mostly directed products though, however its the same thing just different color wires and such. Well anyway according to the directechs sheet, 4 door chevy s10 blazers are 3 wire Positive door locks. OK np go figure compustar doesnt do positive locks, so i wire up 2 relays, and i get it working im like good i can close it up. I was testing it once more as i go to close it all up, and press the lock button the relays keep buzzing and wont shut off. So i smack them and they both shut off. Now i hit lock and nothing happens  the parking lights flash, but it will not lock,(still works from the powerlock switch on the door)  however it will unlock just perfectly fine. I tried swapping relays nothing. So i took my testlight hit the lock trigger from the cm4200 brain and of course it locked so im pretty set on it having a defective lock output. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions ? Thanks in advance
b-roy 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2007 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  

If you've verified that it does in fact have a dead lock output (which I have not come across using compustars yet) you could possibly use your rearm wire to trigger the lock if need be. This is partially dependent on if u have a factory alarm system u are arming and disarming. Even if so you could use it with some crative hookup.

An even better route would be to have the unit warrantied/replaced.

dcman41 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2007 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  
so your saying use the orange rearm wire, right to the relays that i have hooked up and that will replace the normal lock output? ANd this car does not have factory security.
b-roy 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2007 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  
The rearm wire will pulse at the same time as the lock wire. Now what this will also mean is that it will pulse your locks after starting and after shutdown ( depending on the options you've setup)
dcman41 
Posted: November 13, 2007 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
yea, that does not bother me i got it working, thanks alot !!!! Im just glad i dont have to bring it back, locks worked on the first shot once hookd up to the rearm output, so the lock out put is definatly damaged.
dswift 
Copper - Posts: 396
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2007 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged  
DM600 for furture notice. New part offered from firstech. 2 bucks and its a replacement harness for your lock harness. outputs 600mA for positve output
"dont ground out!"
dcman41 
Posted: November 14, 2007 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  
I know about the dm600, i could not find it locally.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic