icon

96 grand cherokee prestige aps996a

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
oopziboozted 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2007 at 3:12 AM / IP Logged  
ok....for one. i dont think all of the wires from the chart that i got from this site are correct as far as security wiring goes. i say this cuz i tested out different wires to be what i needed as far as acc, ign, ign2, batt, etc. and now i'm having a problem with it. its not all the way hooked up but i was gonna test to make sure the alarm/remote start part worked. well it arms/disarms fine....but it shows the door is open when disarmed but door shut when armed...then the alarm goes off like 2 minutes later. it says my door trigger *negative polarity?* is a yellow wire yet the wire coming from the door switch is tan.......so i'm having this problem....any input or diff info as far as wiring goes...woudl be helpful. thank you.
84 nissan 300zx turbo
87 nissan 300zx non-turbo
86 nissan d21 hardbody
oopziboozted 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2007 at 3:16 AM / IP Logged  
oh yeah. and about the door locks...haven't gotten that far yet, BUT the manual shows 3 wire and 4 wire...and the jeep is a 5 wire. so i gotta hook up 2 relays to run the lock and unlock successfully.  and during the whole alarm goin off deal...the led flashes 3x which shows inhibit wire *i'm guessing that door trigger*....but idk...the wires just aren't workin for me.  and about the factory disarm wire.....what do i hook that up to?  96 grand cherokee....thx
84 nissan 300zx turbo
87 nissan 300zx non-turbo
86 nissan d21 hardbody
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 15, 2007 at 7:56 AM / IP Logged  
Do yourself a favor and pick up a 455T by DEI. This will do arm/disarm/lock/unlock/dome supervision without having to go into the doors and mess with all the additional relays. It also eliminates the need to diode isolate that door trigger.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
ebuyer 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2007 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  
I have another question on this car.  I put a DEI Hornet 564T alram and starter. in a friends 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee.  I have installed the 455T with this product as well.  I pulled the wire code from the directechs site.  The issue I am having is locating the yellow door trigget wire.  The sheet states it is a negative signal and it located in the kick panel.  I searched through the large harness (about 40-50 wires) in the kick panel and the only yellow wire is a twisted wire pair with a yellow and a yellow blue.  When I tap this wire, the ABS light illuminates, remove it and the light is out.  I pulled the cover to to the underdash that contains the tan wires for each of the doortriggers that I would grab if I was not using the 455t, i did not see the yellow trigger there either.  I have done this car before and that was without the 455T and I do not want to do that again.  Should I look for this somewhere else?  Will it meter the same another trigger would since I am using the 455T?  Any help would be appreciated. 
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 25, 2007 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
ebuyer,
The yellow wire is usually found at the underdash courtesy light.
If this car doesn't have the (optional) underdash lights, it shouldn't be too difficult to run a wire up to the overhead domelight. Or you might find it in the driver's A-pillar.
ebuyer 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2007 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  

Chris,

Thanks for the info.  I do not know why I did not think of that.  I grabbed the wire at the light under the dash and it worked perfectly.   Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction. 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic