99 bmw 328i, compustar 2wfm-a alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
toxic0n 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2007 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  
Hello,
I have a Compustar 2WFM-A alarm in my 1999 BMW 328i.
Ever since I had it, I had to problems with it
1) The shock sensor does not seems to be working. It is mounted on the plastic dashboard .cover underneath the glovebox. I turned up the sensitivity all the way to 10 and the light on it lights up when I tap on it. However, when the alarm is armed, no amount of kicking tires and shaking the car will set it off. I made sure the shock sensor is on through the remote (the little cell phone looking icon with lines around it is on).
2) Sometime (lately it has been more frequent) the siren will not work. That means the car will not chirp when arming/disarming and when I hit the panic button, the lights just flash with no sound. I'm suspecting it is the siren itself, how can I test it and where can I find a replacement, eBay?
toxic0n 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2007 at 3:28 PM / IP Logged  
just another thing, the shock sensor is located under the glovebox just above the area highlighted in red.
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2007 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  
On your remote is there a picture of a hammer with a line through it? you can turn off the shock sensor from the remote.
also when you're arming and it doesn't chirp, see if there is a line over the picture of the horn. You can turn off chirps from the remote.
both of these icons are above the lock/unlock icon.
the little phone looking thing is for the window mount pager/LED.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
toxic0n 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2007 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  
K, my remote looks like this image but it's blue.
http://www.autodream.ca/images/alarm-starter/2wfmr.jpg
In the top left corner, the cellphone looking thing with the lines around it turns on and off when I hold down buttons I+III as per manual.
The window mount pager displays a phone (not a cellphone) icon when it is actually pages me. That works no problem.
The Siren icon is on on the remote and is not crossed out. It is always on regardless of whether my car chirps or not. If it is off, the car will not chirp. This makes me think the siren itself it bad.
I have not seen the hammer icon, I think that only shows up when the shock sensor actually detects a shock.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2007 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged  
yeap might be on silent arm.disarm
toxic0n 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2007 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:
yeap might be on silent arm.disarm
It is not, the siren icon is on and not crossed out.
toxic0n 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2007 at 9:39 AM / IP Logged  
Well, don't I feel dumb. When the cellphone icon is ON that means that shock sensor is OFF. I turned the icon off and all is well.
Still, my siren seems to have completely went out, can I just tap into the wires going to it with a multimemeter to see if it's getting power? What can I do about a replacement?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic