icon

2003 Passat Problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Memphisman 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2003 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  
I am trying to install a Crimestopper RS900V remote starter in a 2003 Passat. Everything works fine except the anti-theft bypass. I am using a Carbine RS-TIM bypass unit with an extra key. I wrapped the ring around the ignition cylinder like I do on other cars, but it doesn't seem to be sending a strong enough signal for the anti-theft to pick up. I tried several units and none of them worked. The relay in the unit is clicking upon receiving the signal from the RS. The only way the car would start with the RS was to set the extra key directly on top of the ignition cylinder facing one particular way. Any other way resulted in a no start. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
AlarmTech 
Copper - Posts: 101
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2003 at 2:39 AM / IP Logged  
DEI 555B
or
www.transponderbypass.com
(that may or may not be the correct URL, going on faded memory...sorry, but it's close.)
Viper Equipped
dashrat77 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2003 at 5:55 AM / IP Logged  

DEI 555U

Also-- try moving the ring closer to where the grip of the key is as if it were in the ignition..

--- stupid question, but gotta ask-- is the "extra" key coded or is it just cut (or blank)?

floaterr 
Silver - Posts: 383
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2003 at 9:52 AM / IP Logged  
below is from the website mentioned by AlarmTech, justed wanted to point it out.
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Open TBK II and place the head of the key (transponder portion) inside the ribbon cable loop.
Close the box ensuring that the head of the key is firmly in place between the ribbon cable.
Connect the Red wire to a fused constant 12 volts supply.
Connect the Black wire to the Negative Out when running (ground) output on the remote starter.
Place the PVC Ring over or around the key cylinder. Once PVC Ring is in place perform a remote start test first before securing ring and replacing the steering wheel shroud. Some vehicles require specific placement of the PVC Ring for the RF COIL in the cylinder to read the transmitted code. For some vehicles the PVC ring may be either too big or not sensitive enough, in this case you may need to cut off the ring and either wrap thin wire around the cylinder or you may need to replace the PVC ring with a factory collar purchased from the dealer (eg. BMW).
Memphisman 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2003 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged  
I tried placing the ring, (which I stripped off the PVC coating) around the ignition cylinder starting at the front and moved it the width of the wire ring at a time then tested it until I reached the back of the cylinder with no luck. I also tried placing the "regular key" (the one that flips out like a switchblade) next to the ignition. It only works in one spot (other than in the ignition itself) and that is setting it directly on top of the ignition cylinder. Move it one way or the other and nothing. Both keys are coded. I'm about ready to just take it out and say the hell with it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic