icon

car wreck, my system is gone

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stealthfade 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2007 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged  
I originally tracked the progress of my custom system in the topic "custom diy, box, deafening, pics", which is now closed... but i thought id give u an update on my custom system... ITS GONE!
A sleeping driver speeding in a camaro caused a nine car pileup at a stoplight, and somehow my car got all the damage... it got totalled, so i lost it all..
I was able to pull the subs out (dont know if they work), but the box, soundproofing, wiring, lighting, and amp (broke) are all gone. and the insurance didnt compensate... plus, the dude's insurance hasn't paid me a dime for my car, i had to pay my deductible to get the money.
Here are some pics: Enjoy
car wreck, my system is gone - Last Post -- posted image.
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2007 at 12:07 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry man. Do you have home owners or renters insurance? A lot of times it will cover car audio gear that was lost or stolen. Also does your car insurance policy have uninsured motorist protection? This is how I got paid when I had my accident. Good luck.
There is no such thing as free installation!
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2007 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  
Damn, dude... that totally sucks! And right before the holidays, too!
Look at it this way, though: you were not hurt or killed. The "stuff" can be replaced, you can't, so if nothing else, that's something to be thankful for!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 21, 2007 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged  
Good to hear you are OK, it could have been a lot worse.  The equipment is replacable, as is the car.
Kevin Pierson
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2007 at 3:19 PM / IP Logged  
From the looks of it, it looks like it's a good thing your amp is broken, now you can get a good one. Hopefully the subs are okay.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
dragon51 
Copper - Posts: 283
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2007 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  

Dude that sucks! talk to the junk yard they should give you a chance to reclaim your personal property. Befor the insurance adjuster get there.

My car was also totalled but I was able to get all my gear out, the cops tried to stop me but I told them on my amp board and sub box is over 4 grand sorry it's going with me, not to some junk yard where they can take my stuff. So the cop agreed I always have a sharp knife on me. Then I called the junk yard and they let me claim the rest of my stuff out of my trashed car.

Paradigm 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2007 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  

Alpine Guy wrote:
From the looks of it, it looks like it's a good thing your amp is broken, now you can get a good one. Hopefully the subs are okay.

That's cold, man. (although I was thinking the same thing myself  car wreck, my system is gone - Last Post -- posted image.)

VEHICLE: 2002 GMC Sonoma ZR2
Alpine CDA-7940
AudioControl EQT x2
JL Audio 1000/1
JL Audio 10W6 (originals) x3
Kicker ZR120
Kicker ZR460
Polk GXR-6 x4
Polk GXR-4 x2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic