2 subs, 1k watts rms each, what amp?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
htowns_players 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2007 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  

Hi

Im not satisfied with the current amp that i have pushing my 2 kicker 15's cvx rated @ 1000rms each

the amp i have is an "empire"  2-channel , 2400w on it, I bought it used; the current fuses in the amp are 2 40's   http://www.amamax.com/fshememsialb1.html

i have them wired like in this diagram http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/ca/learningcenter/car/subwoofer_wiring/2DVC_2-ohm_2ch.jpg

but the the only difference is that i bridged the speakers

let me know if yall see anything wrong in my instalation  and point me in the right direction wiht buying an amp

kamberkash 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2007 at 5:54 PM / IP Logged  
are your subs 2 or 4 ohm dvc? (im assuming they're 2 ohm dvc judging by the link to crutchfield.com)  how much power are you trying to give them? whats your budget?
dragon51 
Copper - Posts: 283
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2007 at 5:56 PM / IP Logged  

First off that amp will never make that kind of power, that is your problem right there. If your really after a amp that will push a true 1000rms then you have to pay to play. Your looking at close to a grand for the amp, then your looking at a few hundred to up grade your charging system to support the power if your going to push your stuff hard. It's all a evil game! 2 subs, 1k watts rms each, what amp? -- posted image.

htowns_players 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2007 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  

oh sorry bout that.

yes they are dvc.

my headunit is a pioneer premiere 7700mp

i want them sounding good i atleast want a true 1500rms going to them suckers i really dont know how much watts i want anything better then now is better  

ill drop 250-300 on an amp 

kamberkash 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2007 at 5:59 PM / IP Logged  
dragon51 wrote:

First off that amp will never make that kind of power, that is your problem right there. If your really after a amp that will push a true 1000rms then you have to pay to play. Your looking at close to a grand for the amp, then your looking at a few hundred to up grade your charging system to support the power if your going to push your stuff hard. It's all a evil game! 2 subs, 1k watts rms each, what amp? -- posted image.

he did say he wasnt happy with the amp2 subs, 1k watts rms each, what amp? -- posted image.

dragon51 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2007 at 6:06 PM / IP Logged  
htowns_players wrote:

ill drop 250-300 on an amp 

Sorry it just not going to happen for that kinda money, I am just being honest unless you strik a killer I do mean killer deal on a used name brand amp but there are a few amps that will put out that type of power but like I said before not for 250-300 bones.

htowns_players 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2007 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged  

well just recommend a good amp or amp combination

wtb... 1 amp per sub?

how many watts will have these 2 subs sounding decent

how many rms are going to my speakers they way i have em?

dragon51 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2007 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  

For your price range I like Pioneer amps it's either best buy or circuit city that carrires them. They are a decent amp for the money, just stick to name brand amps and you'll be fine for what your willing to spend. You might even get lucky look around or call a few places that fix amps and see if they have any for sale that they have fixed.

Alot of the time people will take there amps to get fixed and then never show to pick them up so they are just tring to get there money back for the repairs.

kamberkash 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2007 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  

to get 1500 watts you'll need a name brand amplifier, which will probably be hard to score  for 300 chucks. you'll also need at least 130 amps from your charging system (high output alternator is HIGHLY recommended), or you definitely wont get 1500 watts no matter what amp you get.  

i would suggest you put the money in your charging system first, because without the required current, you will never have the power you think you do.

aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 22, 2007 at 1:45 AM / IP Logged  
sorry but aren't those yellow fuses 20 amps each???
even if that amp is fused at 40 amps than the most power it COULD possibly produce is still no where near the rated numbers...cheap amp...cheap power...overinflated numbers
40A x 13V = 520 watts INPUT
520 watts input x .6 efficiency = 312 watts OUTPUT
thats enough power for a couple Kicker Comp 10s or 12s.
Question though...Why buy good subs and buy an amp that costs half the price of one of your subs??
I'd sell one of those subs and that amp and buy a good amp to power it
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic