icon

00 civic remote start, no climate control

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
four27 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2007 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged  
I'm trying to install a Viper 5900 in a '00 Civic and everything works for the alarm and the remote start starts the car but the climate control isn't coming on. When you put the key in and take over the blower kicks on. But it won't come on when the remote start starts the car. Did I miss a wire somewhere? I connected the orange wire of the satellite to the WHITE/ black wire at the ignition switch which is supposed to be the ACCESSORY /HEATER blower wire. But it doesn't seem to be working.
The relay satellite is wired as such
Purple and green to the BLACK/ white wire on the ignition switch
2 red wires are connected straight to the battery
Orange wire is connected to the WHITE/ black wire at the ignition
Pink wire is connected to the BLACK / YELLOW wire at the ignition
Pink/white is connected to the yellow wire at the ignition
RED / white is not connected.
Another thing, I don't know if this is significant or means I did something else wrong. But when the remote start is running and flashing the parking lights I can hear the beeping from the SRS module each time the lights cycle, like the remote start isn't just flashing the lights but the ignition too??? Motor stays running fine though. I changed the programming from parking lights flashing to steady so it stopped doing it. But just has me wondering.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 25, 2007 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged  
Hook up the RED / white...it is not an option any more...DEI has not updated their manuals.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2007 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  
red white might be ur acc wires that need to be turned of for blower motor.
four27 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2007 at 6:31 AM / IP Logged  
It's always one wire you never think you need...
If I were to tie all 3 wires (2reds+RED / white) and connect them straight to the battery what gauge wire should I use to make the one run to the battery?
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 26, 2007 at 8:45 AM / IP Logged  

Twelvoltz wrote:
Hook up the RED / white...it is not an option any more...DEI has not updated their manuals.

I, not being a DEI guy, do not know what the "RED / white" wire does. BUT since they (DEI) has consumed Astro, maybe I should know what the RED / white is for?

Could you please tell this poor stupid, little man?00 civic remote start, no climate control -- posted image. 

Is this a 12v input for 12v output on accs. ?

four27 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2007 at 8:48 AM / IP Logged  
I don't have the manual in front of me but off the top of my head I think it's labeled "12v input for high current outputs"
four27 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2007 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  
I think I may have figured out the answer to my own question. Going by the lower left chart here https://www.the12volt.com/info/recwirsz.asp 8awg. is "good" for up to 100amps. The three power wires from the satellite relay are all fused for 30amps. for a total of at most expected 90 amps (more than likely draws less). So if I'm learning right I can just tie the three wires together and use the 8awg wire I have laying around to connect them to the battery. Yes, no, I'm stupid?
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2007 at 1:31 AM / IP Logged  
You could actually connect them together and go straight to the ignition harness.  As for Kartuneman's question it would be a yes to the RED / white wire.
kintosol 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2007 at 11:58 PM / IP Logged  
I'm trying to install the same alarm/remote starter (Viper 5900) on the same vehicle (2000 Honda Civic), but do not know where to connect  wire H1/10 WHITE/ BLUE remote start (-) activation input, which is located in the Primary Harness of the main unit. Can someone please help, thank you!
Kintosol

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic