icon

door trigger, 2005 mazda 3

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
home boy 1 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2007 at 10:07 AM / IP Logged  

I am installing an autopage RS727LCD in a  2005 mazda 3 i am having trouble getting the door triggers right. the information that i have right now is as follows:

door trigger-  neg  - LF door is BLACK / YELLOW   RF door is BLACK/ blue  RR door is BLACK/ green  LR door is BLACK/ orange  use all 4 wires and diode isolate each. also found in the passenger junction box  these wires may rest at ground with the doors closed and go to an open circuit when the doors are open . the problem is that the doors are not registering negative or positive when the doors are open they read 11.5 volts with no polarity .what does it mean "go to an open circuit when the doors are opened" any suggestion would be appreciated

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 27, 2007 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged  

FROM the junction box, instal 1 diode on EACH door pin wire, with the cathode (white line) towards the alarm.  In line.

NEXT, from the car side of these diodes run a wire to the (POS)+ door trigger, on this wire install another diode (one for each door pin wire) In line Cathodes towards alarm brain.

HERES the fun part. behind the diodes (on that last wire you connected to the OE door pin wire on the car side, and the pos. door trigger input on your unit) you will need 4 10kohm resistors, 1 for

each door pin wire these 10k resistors will be wired to a constant 12 volt sorce. You have now created (POS)+ door trigger's from "open"

Someone here MUST have a diagram of what I have toiled over typing here....

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic