icon

04 grand prix viper 5900

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
adroc3905 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2007 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged  

Hi I am new to this forum but not alarm installs. This alarm is stumping me. I’m having issues w/ the Viper 5900 RS install in my 2004 Grand Prix. The alarm, triggers, sensors, lights, bypass PKU-GM , etc, all work fine. The problem is the RS sequence. When I RS the vehicle the ignition & accessory come on but no power is sent to the starter wire, hence no crank. I know this b/c I tested the module starter wire while triggering the sequence.

My bypass, PKU-GM is relay driven and it appears the relay is working properly. I programmed it per the directions and can hear its internal relay clicking when my modules GWR wire is activated.
Can my bypass be stopping starter current from my alarm module? The module and bypass share a common ground along w/ the rest of the ground wires, I am not sure if this is causing my problem.
I did not hookup the starter disable so the starter wire was not cut leaving a key side and starter side. I only have the modules starter side wire connected. I spliced into the starter at the BCM, is this ok or should I try somewhere else?
I checked the obvious, fuses, connections, relays, good ground and power supply. Nothing is working.
I thought it may be one of the modules wires that need to see ground (like a park/neutral switch) or GWR wire triggering the bypass relay but those were checked and double checked and all seem to be working fine. I read up on some other threads and I repeatedly saw a mention of the gray/black wire. According to my install directions this is only used for diesel wait-to-start glow plugs so I did not connect this.
Any ideas would be appreciated seeing as my car looks like someone stole it and tore half the dash off currently. I refuse to reassemble and admit failure.

Thanks

ritopkid06 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2007 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  
If your Grand Prix has the BCM right there on the drivers side (Pretty sure 04 does) you must get all your ignition wires at the Key switch NOT at the BCM even though your wiring diagram may tell you they are there and you will find them there and they will test but you cant use them there you must get them at the Key Switch and yes its a pain. Let me know if this helps.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic