icon

2000 ford zx2 aps 620

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
koneric 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2007 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
I just installed the APS620 in my '00 ZX2 and it seems to be functioning properly, however the crank time (set at the default 1 second) does not seem to be long enough. It either needs to be set at 1.5 or 2 seconds. I am having some trouble getting into programming mode. I am following what is in the manual, but am not able to change anything. It seems like I am getting into programming mode as the led blinks a different number of times when I press the valet button (in bank 3 it will go from one to two to three blinks and so on). Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 29, 2007 at 8:17 AM / IP Logged  
I understand this is not really the answer to your specific question, but my suggestion is to hook up the tachometer reference wire. This way you will never have to worry about it under-cranking or over-cranking.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 29, 2007 at 10:26 AM / IP Logged  
1. If you're not able to change anything, how were you able to re-program the unit for voltage sensing?
2. Or, are you using a tachomter wire? If that's the case, the crank time has no effect......the unit cranks until it sees a tachomter signal.
Where did you get tach?
Did you program the tach rate to the remote starter?
koneric 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2007 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the replies. I did hook up the tach wire, I guess I do not know if it is getting the proper signal to the control unit. I got the tach wire at the ignition coil pack (blue/green wire). Is there a way to check and see if this is making good contact and getting to the control unit. Or what would happen if I were just to unhook the tach wire? I did program the tach rate to the remote starter. I may try this again to verify. So in theory with the tach wire hooked up the vehicle will keep cranking until it sees the tach signal?
koneric 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2007 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  
Just a little more info. Currently the unit will attempt to start the car by cranking for about a second. Then it stops, after a few seconds it will try cranking for about another second. It will do this about four times.
koneric 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2007 at 9:36 AM / IP Logged  
anyone?
moonliter 
Copper - Posts: 322
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2007 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged  
I can't help, got to ask u this. does your key have a chip in it ?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic