icon

rca to headphone

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gutterboy2ca 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2007 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  

Hey Gang, i too am loving this site,lotsa reading for sure.Got the flip screen all installed, rear headrest monitor installs went great, now down to my last little install.I'd like to install a set of 2 stereo mini jacks in the between seat console for Rear cabin headphones.Trying to make a decnt factory looking install as opposed to  a dual headphone plug sticking out from under the console.

Can the below pictured items be wired up to my set of Ext RCA Rear output jacks comming from the head unit. So basicaly how to go from RED / White RCA's to these 2 Mini's, If 1 Set of RCA's can,t be split to work, i'll just install 1 mini jack to keep it simple, no big deal, only got one kid anyways..If theres a better Item to do the job, please advise and i'll keep looking, thanks,brian

rca to headphone -- posted image.

swerve 
Copper - Posts: 149
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2007 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  

cut off one end of the rca's, strip the shielding back and solder it together. make sure the plugs you got are stereo so you get left and right from the headphones. then just piggy back from one plug to the other plug.

git yer swerve on!
techman93 
Silver - Posts: 591
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2007 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  
Normally wouldn't it also involve some volume adjustment for the headphone output?
The wire I'm test'n isn't doin' what it's supposed to be doin'... I am so glad I printed that tech sheet, with the wrong info.
Do it right the first time... or I might have to fix it for ya
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 30, 2007 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  
Looks to me that you have mono jacks there.  Do they have 2 or 3 tabs to connect to?   You need 3 for stereo signal.    I can't see the picture well enough to determine what you have there.
gutterboy2ca 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2007 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged  
yeah, they have 3, looks like a ground out to the side, and 2 tabs on the rear, i was wondering about that audio also, whats going to happen when i decrease volume on the head unit, will it also decrese the RCA outs, or will i need to buy headphones with a volume control on them also, thanks
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2007 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  
To answer your question, NO, in general you can't just wire headphones to the RCA outputs.  You'll need to install a headphone amplifier to drive the phones (which will also give you volume control.)
Support the12volt.com
gutterboy2ca 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2007 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  

ok, thanks,guess i shoulda just bought raer monitors with headphone jacks built in the fronts.still have no idea why these monitors have a IR transmitter built in as well as Remote control sensor.Its like its wired for wireless headphones or something,but i can,t find any info on these Misfits at all to tell me why i had to plug RCA's into the Monitor harness.If not for Headphones, what else would it be for?.Here is the Model of Monitors, maybe someone still has an easy solution.There 1888 # doesn,t appear to work in canada..

XO Vision - GX2258 - 5.8-Inch LCD Headrest Monitor With IR Transmitter $62.95

Think i'll order a set of these Headphones and see if they receive any Audio.

XO Vision - IR460 - Wireless IR Headphone  $14.95

gutterboy2ca 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2007 at 7:32 AM / IP Logged  
OK, after doing alot more research i did find out the monitors have built in Infared Transmitters, and XO Vision as well as some others make cheap $14 Wireless headphones that work awsome with them according to 15 or 20 Testimonials and Reviews.So i have a set on the way and will post if they do not work worth a crap"

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic