icon

791xv wont lock/unlock doors anymore

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
6linkslam 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2007 at 1:40 AM / IP Logged  
i have a 2006 chevy crew cab with a dei 791xv installed on it. the alarm has been installed for about a year now with no problems until about 2 weeks ago. when you arm/unarm the door locks will not work. the locks work fine from the factory door switches and factory remote. i have also checked the blue/green lock/unlock wires from the brain and they are sending out negative pulses so i figure the brain is good. what else can i look for to remedy this problem? thanks for the help.
ritopkid06 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2007 at 12:05 PM / IP Logged  
This vehicle usally does locks through a mod which is connected to the purple data wire at the OBD, I would check the mod.
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2007 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
data module probably needs reporgrammed
big sexy lac 
Copper - Posts: 153
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2007 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
Wow same problem differnt car it was 06 quest I also checked the brain it was good so I followed the lock/unlock wire all the way to the switch in the door and it was connected, I metered it and nothing so I tuged at it and it came loose it seemed like it got pinched and cut so I soldered it and re-ran the wire so they won't get pinched again and now they work like a champ
well?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic