icon

1999 navigator remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sminc 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2007 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  
I installed a remote start/alarm combo on a 1999 navigator everything works fine except when I work the remote start it just cranks the motor and never actually runs. When I put the key in the ignition and use the remote start it will run. I used the bypass that you put a key in and run the wire to the ignition. I tried switching the 2 keys that I have and the same problem happens. Also after I arm the system it will beep 4 times. This is  a galaxy 5000rs with the transponder bypass. Any help would be appreciated.
ritopkid06 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2007 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
I THINK a regular Key in the box (U Mod) will not work on these, I believe you either needs a Pats mod or the mod with the little "eye" I'm not sure the name maybe a 555L???
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2007 at 10:49 PM / IP Logged  
key in the box is fine. make sure you have +12v, ground, and status (ground when running) hooked up to the bypass. the status is what actually turns the bypass on so the ignition will see the key. you did run the loop around the ignition switch too right?
techman93 
Silver - Posts: 591
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2007 at 7:06 AM / IP Logged  
You could just use an xko4 bypasskit, I have good luck with those and don't have to worry about key in box or getting the "pellet" in just the right spot.
Did a 2006 Navigator and you definitely want all your connections soldered, I solder about 85%+ and only crimp a few connections as needed such as grounds with a ring terminal to a factory ground bolt or butt connector when soldering isn't possible.
The wire I'm test'n isn't doin' what it's supposed to be doin'... I am so glad I printed that tech sheet, with the wrong info.
Do it right the first time... or I might have to fix it for ya
sminc 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2007 at 7:40 AM / IP Logged  

Yes I did wrap the wire around the ignition. I hooked the bypass up as you are supposed to and it wont start.

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 04, 2007 at 7:50 AM / IP Logged  
sminc wrote:
Yes I did wrap the wire around the ignition. I hooked the bypass up as you are supposed to and it wont start.
How exactly did you wrap the coil around the cylinder? I have seen some people twist the wire instead of wrapping it in loops around the cylinder. Twisting it will essentially block the signal.
I am also with the use a data bypass crew. Data wire connections are more reliable in cold weather than the key in a box style bypass. The PKF1 from bypasskit.com is a great piece IMO and very inexpensive.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
mobile1 
Silver - Posts: 479
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2007 at 12:07 AM / IP Logged  
the 4 beeps you are hearing is fine. Thats what these units do. Kinda annoying I know. Like everyone else, data bypass mods are taking over. The reliablility is awesome and you don't lose a key. If you insist on using the key in the box mod you have, you should test the wiring of the mod first. Like another-kelly said you should have 12v ground and ground when running. If those are all there, you antenna ring probably needs adjustment. some of these mods are really picky on placement of that ring.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 05, 2007 at 7:34 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry, I forgot to reference the 4 chirps in my last post. Take a look at your installation manual. On page 19 is the programmable options. Turn feature 10 to the ignore setting. This will tell the system to ignore the dome light delay when arming.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic