icon

2007/2008 tundra immobilizer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tonyberg 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2007 at 7:48 AM / IP Logged  
Just wondering if anyone out there has found an easy or any location to access the IMO/IMI wire and security light wires in the new tundras.   Our shop uses the XK05 bypass for Toyota immobilizer equipped vehicles so any tips on where to find these wires would be great.  Thanks
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 05, 2007 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged  
I my self am not really sure what your asking for.... but:  The TX is blue, and the RX is lt.green, found at the transponder.
tonyberg 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2007 at 9:24 AM / IP Logged  
Unfortunately the XK05 does not use the tx and rx wires...they use the IMO/IMI wires which are typically found at the ECM or the security key ecu, but in a couple different vehicles people have found them elsewhere...thats more the info I am lookin for
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2007 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  

i think the wires you are looking for is the wires Kartuneman mentioned. i assume

IMO - Immobilizer Output - TX (Transfer)

IMI - Immobilizer Input - RX (Receive)

dont take my word for it, i would think thats what your looking for.

NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2007 at 12:50 AM / IP Logged  
Pop the center channel cover/speaker and remove the speaker if equipped. You can grab the security light wire right under there. Grab the IMI and IMO wires at the pass kick panel there are a couple connectors there. I usually go off the BACKSIDE of one of the connectors I think it's yellow and a black wire from what I remember, and they change to different colors on the other side of the plug.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2007 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged  
maybe u can tell us what the IMI and IMO wires are and what they stand for.
throwback2332 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2008 at 8:10 AM / IP Logged  
did you ever find the imo/imi wires at the ecm, the tx/rx won't work. (ive tried) i have the module. thanks for any help
If it's not custom, then it's not you.
snotdobbs 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2008 at 8:24 AM / IP Logged  

hes using an xk05 which interfaces with the vehicles immobilizer computer as opposed to like the keyoverall or whatever that utilizes the wiring at the exciter ring (tx,rx) before the immobilizer amplifier...

nowyaknow: were the imo;imi wires black for imo and pink for imi, or were they yellow (imo)and light blue(imi)...oh and do you grab positive lights or negative lights in that truck?

thanx in advance

throwback2332 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2008 at 1:41 PM / IP Logged  
I know I have the same unit I have i'm trying to get a good location on the imi/imo wires.
I grabed negative at the switch, left of steering harness.
throwback2332 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2008 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  
2007 tundra   pin 29 pink(imo), pin 40 black(imi),ecm conn A24, violet(security light) anybody know extacly where ecm conn A24 is?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic