the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Custom Suburban Sub Enclosure

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dudek38 
Copper - Posts: 250
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2007 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  
just finished a sub enclosure. wanted to keep space in rear and replace stock 8" sub. it sounds so good, maybe the best i've done so far. i took out all unnecssary items(sub,jack, etc). dynamatted the vehicle's metal and rear wheel well. measured the stock plastic, cut it then made the face and top of box and then the sides. sealed polyfill then carpeted. had to overnight the carpet and would've liked a better match, but "it happens". i think its a nice spot for some real bass. what do you think?
Custom Suburban Sub Enclosure -- posted image.
owner of
Motion Marine & Car Audio
the florida keys
timechange2007 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2007 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  
Looks good.
swerve 
Copper - Posts: 149
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2007 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  
what size sub did you use? i'm currently doing something like that right now but i didn't want to cut the factory plastic so i'm slowly making molds of all the trim pieces,  did you have enough space for another sub in that box? or was there not enough airspace?
git yer swerve on!
dudek38 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2007 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged  
thats a pioneer 10". if its a suburban, theres enough space if you take the box all the way towards the front. theres room back behind the plastic. i reckon you could get 2.25 cu air space. enough for 2 subs.
just take off plastic, dynamat the sheet metal, and construct a 4 sided box then screw it to any metal you can. i sealed with silicon and dynamat. you'll be real happy with the bass
owner of
the florida keys
dudek38 
Posted: December 08, 2007 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged  
dont be afraid to cut the plastic. if you had to, you could get another one at the dealer. or you could just get rid of the plastic all together and just concentrate on blending the box with the factory plastic. you would get more than enough air space. i almost did that, but didnt want to take too much time.
owner of
the florida keys
swerve 
Copper - Posts: 149
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2007 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  

i just hate to cut into plastic and then realize hey, that wasnt the greatest idea, so i opted for a complete build, and it is soaking up serious time. ive had to do a couple molds over numerous times cuz i didnt get the edges as clean as i wanted or it warped or whatever else ive run into. i wanted mine built all the way to the top with the subs firing up so i can cram all my camping and fishing gear in the back without worrying about porting a sub. i think the dealer quoted me like a couple hundred for that side panel so that kinda got me worried, but looking at your finished product makes me reconsider.

git yer swerve on!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic