icon

horn sound when locking car

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ninjak 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2007 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  
Hello i need some help with wire something up on my car and if you can part numbers and where to buy what i need would be great..
ok here goes i have a new 2008 sx4 crossover and the dang thing has everything i need accept when i lock the car when the remote the horn does not sound only thing that does work is the turn signal lights flash
can somebody help me wire up something to make the horn flash i lock the car cause i just cannot hook the horn too the turn signals ahahah that would make the horn sound every time i turned them on i hope this all makes since i am new too this please understand
I think i need something like few relays 1 to make the horn work and run to hook somewhere to work when the power is off that way it would only work if the key was off not sure
Thanks for the reply in advance I hope some body can help me :)
AL
xtearitupx 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2007 at 8:32 PM / IP Logged  
as a general statement, if you can find the output on the factory alarm system before it hits the parking light wire to tap a relay in there for the horn. sounds do-able
ninjak 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2007 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  
so if i find that wire how would i hook up the relay ?
mobile1 
Silver - Posts: 479
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2007 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~100007~PN~1

If you wire up the two relays like shown in this post, your horn will honk when you lock or unlock the vehicle with the factory transmitter as long as the vehicle is turned off.

KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 15, 2007 at 1:33 AM / IP Logged  

Before hooking this up you need to consider the length of the parking light flash.  If it is a quick flash, this may work.  If it is a long flash your horn will honk way too long to be acceptable.

Kevin Pierson
dualsport 
Silver - Posts: 983
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2007 at 8:18 AM / IP Logged  
If you find the output is too long and annoying (which is most likely the case), you could add a drive circuit using a transistor and a few components to make the honk time adjustable to whatever sounds good. Less than a dollar in parts, if you're willing to do some simple work connecting the bits .

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic