icon

removing transponder from key

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lysakjm 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2007 at 12:57 AM / IP Logged  
Has anybody tried removing the transponder only from the Chrysler keys with the intergrated keyless remote? The reason I'm asking is the keys remote control doesn't work when that key starts the car. If I switched transponders between the 2 keys then the remote should work on the key that starts the car so I could wire onto it to control door locks while the car is running or not. I know you can buy a bypass to do this but I have lots of time and don't want buy and extra stuff.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 10, 2007 at 6:48 AM / IP Logged  
You can remove that transponder with a heat gun. Are you sure it is the transponder that is stopping the remote from working when running? Or is it the keysense wire?
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
lysakjm 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2007 at 9:08 AM / IP Logged  
I think it is the transponder because if you start the car with the key, the other key that didn't start the car the remote works. The key that the car is running on the remote on doesn't work. Do you have a better description of how to remove the transponder. If you unscrew the key and remove the remote circut board I think it is just soldiered to that peice? Thanks for the help. 
mobilefx 
Copper - Posts: 48
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2007 at 10:43 PM / IP Logged  

I did a new pacifica the other day...   w/ remote starter complete, car running, and no key in ign...   one of the factory remotes(on the keys) would control doorlocks, and the other one would not.    i never investigated and just went in the door to the switch but found that very odd.  just thought i would throw that out.. good luck

mobile f/x
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 12, 2007 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  
I managed to ruin one of those keys trying to take the transponder out. I forget what possessed me to do that.
Anyway, it's only the key that you used to start the car that doesn't work with the car running.
When you remote start the car, the key that's in your pocket should open the doors just fine.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 12, 2007 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  
Chris Luongo wrote:
When you remote start the car, the key that's in your pocket should open the doors just fine.
Chris, thank you for this information! As mentioned in my earlier post I was not sure if it was the keysense wire or the transponder that kept the locks from working via that remote. This is my lesson learned for today. removing transponder from key -- posted image.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic