icon

2007 pontiac sv6 remote start problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Typhoonk 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2007 at 12:19 PM / IP Logged  

Installed a remote start in a 2007 Pontiac SV6. Used an idatalink module ADS-DL ( www.idatalink.com)

The keyless entry works great, and it starts fine. But it says "starting disable" for two sec then disappears. Then all sort of weird stuff happens, signals signal like they have hiccups, and the throttle almost goes to red line when driving after key take over(it's an automatic).  But if I shutdown the remote starter then start it with the key, the van works fine with no problems.

Am I missing something? (yes I called datalink support, but they said they would call me back....)

so any help would be great.

thanks.

-Ken.

sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2007 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  
If the problem happens all the time, try disconnecting the bypass and insert a key in the igntion temporarily. If the problems remain, you may have wiring or remote starter issues. Always recheck and verify wiring with a digital volt meter and nothing else.
sparky
vtec inside 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2007 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  

The only way to make the "starting disable" code dissapear in a sv6 is buy using a real key with a universal transponder module !

For the idle and signal problem check if all  wires at ignition switch are feed proprely ! If the car run well if you start with the key there should be no difference when you remote start !

mobilefx 
Copper - Posts: 48
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2007 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  

had some probs w/ those vehicles when using universal or any rf transponder byspass.  

i ended up using a "data" style interface from bypasskit.  dont remember off top of my head.  even then the security light in the car flashed or said starting disabled or something goofy, but started reliably and error message goes aways when key is in. 

i would try to switch form rf transponder bypass.  seems to be weather sensitive also ..  works ok in the shop,  not worth a damn when its -10 degrees. 

mobile f/x
realsnake 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2007 at 1:13 AM / IP Logged  
I had a similar problem...
Ground the ORANGE / Black on the idatalink... It's a backdoor to disable advanced communication with the vehicle, it's posted on their installer forum.
forget about the starting disable, I think it will always show up, It goes away when the key is in te switch.
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2007 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  
Use a PKU-GM module and you won't have any problems. Done hundreds this way.
sparky
Typhoonk 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2007 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  

sparkie wrote:
Use a PKU-GM module and you won't have any problems. Done hundreds this way.

Do you know where to get hese modules? every where I look they are old and nobody carries them any more!!! do you have a stock pile!!!

bypasskits.com only lists the new ones that need a program programmed to them with an extra piece.

andbody know if a DEI 555G will work on the 2007 sv6?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic