icon

08 ford f 250 superduty, viper 791

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
scabral85 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2007 at 10:51 PM / IP Logged  

i'm installing the 791 viper alarm without the engine start in a 08 ford f-250 super duty. i'm having problems with the parking lights. i checked the wire using the multimeter and it gave all symptons that it was the correct wire. after completing the install i proceded to arm the alarm and i heard a click and the parking lights along with the dash lights turned on and stayed on. even while the switch is on the off position or even when the key is out of the ignition. i disconected the parking light wire imediately and checked the wire again with the light switch in the off position and it tested 12v. and now the only way to shut then off is supplying ground to that wire (WHITE/ red at the light switch). when i take the ground off they turn back on along with the dash lights.  does anyone have any suggestions on what i can do to fix this problem? i would really apreciate any type of help?

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 10, 2007 at 11:58 PM / IP Logged  

Where did you get your tech info.....cause it sounds like it did not go far enough indepth on how to do the (NEG)- parking lights.

It's not just "connect here" neg. parking lights on this truck BLOW.....You need to "break" the blk/gray, while triggering the gray negative parking light wire at the same time.

Use (POS)+ PURPLE / white @ SJB in the pass. kick.

You more than likely have done some damage....hard to say.....for me anyways.

So, the lights are on no matter the switch position..... what happens when you UNPLUG the switch?

scabral85 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2007 at 12:07 AM / IP Logged  
they stay on
scabral85 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2007 at 12:34 AM / IP Logged  
i couldn't find the tech info on the 08 so i checked the 06 info on this site.but the information was completey different. on the 06 the parking lights are pos. so i assumed it was the same for the 08. thats when i began testing for pos. parking lights. i shouldn't have now i'm in deep doodie.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 11, 2007 at 12:49 AM / IP Logged  

Yes my friend.... you are.

I'm sure you don't need to hear this but Im gonna say it anyways.

Ask for help before you damage your truck......and never, NEVER assume!

scabral85 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2007 at 12:59 AM / IP Logged  
thank for the info on doing the parking lights now i will be able to connect it properly. the only thing left is to try and fix the problem. do u think reseting the car might help?
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2007 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  
new headlight switch, 60 bucks.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
KarTuneMan 
Posted: December 11, 2007 at 6:33 PM / IP Logged  

extreme1 wrote:
new headlight switch, 60 bucks.

This get's my vote.............

NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2007 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds like you hit possibly the dimmer circuit instead of the park lights.. And either melted a harness together somewhere, or fried the switch. PURPLE / White pos in the driver kick on a 4 door, or pass kick on a 2 door.
scabral85 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2007 at 12:13 AM / IP Logged  

thanks for all the help u guys were right i opened up the switch and solderd some melted circuitry in the switch and it seemed to do the trick. everything is done and the alarm works fine. i had to learn the hard way but believe me i learned my lesson. thanks again for all help.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic