icon

power locks on ford taurus

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gcarterh 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2007 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged  

I have run into this problem on an '07 Ford Taurus and today I ran into the same problem on an '06 Ford Taurus.  I have installed a remote car starter with keyless entry feature and everything works great.  But if I lock the driver's door (at the door) before closing the door, the unlock feature will not work.  I'm sure there is an extra wire that needs to be pulsed to 'wake up' the system so it will respond to the unlock request but I haven't been able to find any info on that yet.  Anybody else run into this problem?  Thanks in advance.

GLENN

Glenn
dave151 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2007 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  

Could it be the ford factory trim switch disable?   Try this:

Close all the doors, hood, trunk etc. Then turn the key to on but don't start the car.  Push the unlock button on the door 3 times and then turn the key to off.  Now press the unlock button 3 more times and turn the key back on.  The horn should honk once to say you are in programming mode.  After that push the lock button twice  and the horn will honk twice.  You can now turn the key off. 

With any luck you should be able to lock and unlock at will!

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 12, 2007 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged  

pink/white at the GEM pin 4 is the "factory disarm" try a pulse before (you didn't say what your installing so I don't know which term to use) or "factory disarm" on this wire.

Should wake things up so that unlock works. Give it a try!

mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2007 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  

If it does not have a factory alarm,  you can pulse the yellow/black (-) drivers door latch wire. It comes in from drivers door boot. If it does have an alarm use the pink/white listed by KarTuneMan. This wire can be found in the same place as the yellow/black.

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 12, 2007 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  
Just did a Taurus yesterday, so I have this fresh in my mind.
You can do what mikvot says. Connect the remote starter's dome supervision output to the driver's door trigger wire, and then program the remote starter for double pulse unlock. Customer gets domelight supervision for free, which will probably make them happy.
Or, go into the owner's manual, look up "locks" in the index, and turn off the unlock-disable feature.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic