icon

2004 ranger keysense

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sparkyssb 
Copper - Posts: 205
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2007 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  
I have got the PKU-F2 bypass unit for this 04 Ranger however it has a negative and positive input for a keysense. Is this necessary and if so, what is the wire that I tap into? According to 2005 Ranger wiring diagram, it is the BLACK/ pink wire. Same for the 2004?
Thanks!
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2007 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  
You won't need it. Basically what the wire does, is shut the bypass off if there is a key in the ignition........Say you have a key in the ignition, and then you try to remote start the vehicle.....the pats system will get confused...it will see a signal from the key in the ignition, and a signal from the key in the box....this will cause the vehicle to not start. If you do use the keysense wire, it will send a signal to the bypass to tell it there is a key in the igniton, and the vehicle will still remote start correctly.
sparkyssb 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2007 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for your response however you're kinda contradicting yourself. Your saying that I wont need it, however if I don't use it, then the PATS system gets confused and the car wont start. Which one is it?
Or are you saying that Ford vehicles don't have this problem? Thanks.
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2007 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  
Not contradicting myself, just telling you the possible problem you might have if you don't hook it up. I never hook it up on a Ford, but i also never leave a key in my ignition either...so yes Fords have this issue.....but it's only an issue if you have a habit of leaving a key in the ignition.
sparkyssb 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2007 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
Gotcha...sorry. I didn't understand about the whole starting the vehicle with the key in the ignition. I didn't even register because I wouldn't understand why someone would do that. I thought you were meaning that the car would get confused after putting the key in the ignition after the car was remote started. But now I know so thanks! Have a good one.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic