icon

2006 scion tc remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
evileagletalon 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2007 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  
Alright guys, I'm gunna drive about 6 hours each way with my friend to install a Compustar 2way alarm/remote start. My friend wants me to go down there and install this in his girlfriend's car. He bought the alarm/rs as her birthday present for her car.
I just bought the Peripheral XK05 bypass to use on this car. The car is a 2006 Scion TC with automatic transmission.
I really need to get this working right the first time, as I will be installing it Saturday night at her house and coming back home sunday morning.
I was reading that the XK05 has a wire that goes to the security light. Will I need this wire hooked up?
Is the XK05 the best and most user friendly bypass to use on this car?
I've installed many Compustar RS/Alarms before, but never a Scion TC.
Any tips you guys can give me to make this install go excellent with no issues?
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2007 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  
the TC's are very easy vehicles to do. As far as the remote start goes, everything is right there in your face (i believe door trigger is there as well). Unfortunately I do not have much info on the bypass b/c our shop still used the 556UWs that require an extra key. But like I said, the installation is a walk in the park.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
racing_bidule 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2007 at 10:50 PM / IP Logged  

With the Compustar, you can use the iDataLink bypass true RS232 which make a faster and more secure install as no one can trigger the bypass module from an external Ground signal.

http://www.idatalink.com/store/viewDoc.php?id=112

or
http://www.idatalink.com/store/viewDoc.php?id=115
Use the vehicle wiring information provided by compustar and you will install these units in a record time. Have fun!
Your friend will really be happy with the compustar product

If you fail on your first attempt, at least destroy all evidence you tried!
evileagletalon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2007 at 1:28 AM / IP Logged  
racing_bidule, the bad thing is that I already bought the XK05 bypass and I have the Compustar 2w900 AS already also.
The instructions for the XK05 say that I need to tap the orange wire from the bypass to the grey IMO wire located on pin 16 on the E5 ECu connector, and cut the orange IMI wire on pin 17 in half, then the violet wire from the bypass goes to the ECU side of the orange wire and the violet/white from the bypass goes to the vehicle side of the orange wire.
I will connect the brown (ground when running) wire from the bypass to the black status wire on the Compustar.
The bypass also has a green(-) input wire that goes to the security light of the vehicle. The bypass instructions say that the security light wire on the car is a black wire on pin 27 in the A/C control assembly on the Sec. Conn A7.
I saw on the direct tech wiring diagram on here that the black keysense wire in the steering column will disarm the factory alarm without unlocking the doors if you connect it to the status output of the alarm.
So, do I just ignore the security light wire that the bypass needs and just hook up the status wire from the compustar to the black keysense wire in the steering column?
Also, I see that this car has like 3 ignition wires and 2 starter wires. Do I need all of them?
Can I just use a jumper to all the ignition wires? Can I use a jumper for both starter wires?
Or will I need 3 extra relays?
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 14, 2007 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  

2 Ign., 2 starter, and 1 accs.

Use them all and DO NOT simply "use a jumper" Use the negative triggers, or piggyback your relays using the (POS)+ out for trigger.

evileagletalon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2007 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged  
KarTuneMan wrote:

2 Ign., 2 starter, and 1 accs.

Use them all and DO NOT simply "use a jumper" Use the negative triggers, or piggyback your relays using the (POS)+ out for trigger.

Since there are 2 starter wires, can I cut them both in half and wire them together, key side of starter wires to the yellow/black from the compustar, and the yellow from the compustar to both vehicle side starter wires?
Any guys that have done this type of car....do I really need the security light wire from the car to the bypass, or can I just hook up the status output from the Compustar to the black keysense wire?
From what I've been reading, if you hook up the status output from the Compustar to the black keysense on the car, it will disarm the factory security, but keep the doors locked.
wiretapper 
Copper - Posts: 166
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2007 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  

You only need to cut starter1 wire, the thicker one. Cut this wire, then try to start. If it won't crank, you have the right wire. Starter2 just needs a start signal to work properly. No need to cut both.

I just did a Hornet combo piece in an '06 TC, and don't recall having any problems at all. VERY simple vehicle to wire.

racing_bidule 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2007 at 12:42 AM / IP Logged  

On all those super overcrank Toyota's...

Move the starter wire to the opposite corner of the ignition switch connector and strangely, no more overcrank problems... Funny isn't, I never used an antigrind relay on any Toyota.

The security light will come ON because you bypass the vehicle at the IMI IMO, you have to cut it, even if you power keysense, it won't disarm alarm because your bypass is not done at the RX & TXCT at the key immobilizer module.

:)

If you fail on your first attempt, at least destroy all evidence you tried!
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 15, 2007 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  
You don't need to power up the accessory wire on Toyotas, it just does the radio, power mirrors, and other non-essential things.
The XK-05 is incredibly installer-unfriendly, and I watched a co-worker suffer through one this afternoon on a Camry. He even had to run wires under the hood. The Fortin KEY-OVERRIDE-SL2 takes maybe 5 minutes to install. The idatalink piece looks equally easy.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic