ford transit 2006 mk 7 dead lock wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hksplumbing 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2011 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  

Hi All

I have finished my alarm install in my 2006 mk7 transit swb 110 T280 except the dead locking.

I have been trying to locate the deadlock wire?

Can anyone please help me.  I have had information to enable me to fit the alarm. This is the only thing

i need to finish off.

Thanking you for your help

Anand

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2011 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  
Find the motor wire that shows 12V+ (yellow or yellow/black?) when you deadlock with the factory remote (lock button twice?) then take aux 3 (I'm assuming this is a 650), set it to work with alarm activation and program it timed for 4 seconds then look at this diagram, you will need a standard 5 terminal relay and a 1N4004 diode:- 3F2_relay_1.bmp
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2011 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry just realised you have a 300, it's aux B grey/violet read the instructions, you can program it manually to do as I stated in the last post. N.B. The original Clifford instructions had the aux A grey/blue and aux B grey/violet mixed up.
You can incidentally use the other aux and set it up the same way to find the side/rear door unlock using the relay set-up as above giving you priority unlock. In that case leave it as a pulse setting, only 0.8 seconds required.
the viking 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2011 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
Sorry just realised you have a 300, it's aux B grey/violet read the instructions, you can program it manually to do as I stated in the last post. N.B. The original Clifford instructions had the aux A grey/blue and aux B grey/violet mixed up.
You can incidentally use the other aux and set it up the same way to find the side/rear door unlock using the relay set-up as above giving you priority unlock. In that case leave it as a pulse setting, only 0.8 seconds required.
Hi there Howie I see that you are a UK installer and I to have the same van as above that I have fitted a viper 1000 alarm to which is working as a stand alone item and is not connected to the factory door locks but would like to be able to arm the alarm which will also lock all the factory doors. I see you mention in you posts above to locate a wire where is this to be found? and how would I go about connecting it up to my Viper 1000
Thanks
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2011 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  
Use an aux or a second lock output if there is one, sorry much too late to take you through it blow by blow, much of the vehicle wiring explanation is above.
the viking 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2011 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
Use an aux or a second lock output if there is one, sorry much too late to take you through it blow by blow, much of the vehicle wiring explanation is above.
Hi there Howie thanks for the quick reply but as I dont come here to often maybe I cant see something that is linked to the vehicle wiring all I can see is a SPDT diagram ? But that dont tell me where to look for the factory connetion I need to locate
Thanks
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2011 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged  
If your vehicle has an uncovered bin on top, it's where the passenger feet go, you can see the box behind the glove box and the loom goes towards you.
If you have a lidded top and the fuse box is behind the glove box, then remove glove box lid and pull forward to you to remove the front of the fusebox revealing the wiring.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic