icon

avital 4103 , dball problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
li_dsm 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2013 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  
Recently I installed an Avital 4103 remote start kit with a xpresskit DBALL unit into my 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee. First day everything worked fine. The next day I clipped the wires I wasn't using off the avital and dball units so I can mount them out of the way. I did not touch any of the wiring that needed to be hooked up and the only wires I relocated were the grounds. Now the Avital unit does not power on and the dball will only turn on once the key has been moved to the on position.
I have verified the grounds to be good as well as power to the 12v red wires on the avital. When the car is switched on I have power coming from the d2d wires between both units however the avital led light is still not indicating any power. I have gone back over all my wiring which I had hardwired into the car and everything checked out fine.
Could the problem be the avital unit itself? Any other suggestions on what to check? I bought both units off ebay and had the DBALL unit flashed by the local bestbuy.
Thanks John
li_dsm 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2013 at 1:08 PM / IP Logged  
Correction, once car is started the led on the avital system will blink red for about 5-10seconds and then shut off. I can't seem to program both units together so that the remote start will work again.
li_dsm 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2013 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  
Both units will power on once the car is started now. The dball will stay a solid green and the avital will be a solid red for about 5 seconds and then turn off. The remote start and unloc/lock features are still not working. I tried to reprogram teh key fobs and still no success. Any suggestions?
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2013 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  
Is the BLACK/ white neutral safety from the avital connected to ground? you can also try moving the ground back to where you had it since you know it worked then
li_dsm 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2013 at 4:00 PM / IP Logged  
blanx218 wrote:
Is the BLACK/ white neutral safety from the avital connected to ground? you can also try moving the ground back to where you had it since you know it worked then
Yup neutral wire has been grounded. I drilled 4 seperate points for the grounds on a metal strip that runs directly under the cluster. When I removed them prior to clipping the wires it was just to route the wires better then I put the screws and grounds back into their locations.
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2013 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged  
If the Avital unit is lighting up after you start the car, it sounds like it's not getting the correct 12v power to it when the Jeep is off.
Where did you connect the thick red wires from the Avital?
li_dsm 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2013 at 12:45 AM / IP Logged  
shortcircuit161 wrote:
If the Avital unit is lighting up after you start the car, it sounds like it's not getting the correct 12v power to it when the Jeep is off.
I hooked up the 2 red 12v high current input wires to the RED wire on my ignition switch connector.
li_dsm 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2013 at 12:46 AM / IP Logged  
li_dsm wrote:
shortcircuit161 wrote:
I hooked up the 2 red 12v high current input wires to the RED wire on my ignition switch connector.
Also I have verified power to both wires when the ignition is off.
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2013 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  
I would double check all the connections and test every wire for 12v or ground in the event something was cut in error when prepping and tucking everything back.
I would also try what blanx218 suggested and go back to the ground you were using or just try another ground altogether.
Also, if you start the Jeep with the key and engage the remote starter, can you remove the key with the engine still running?
lucasoil4u 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2013 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  
Reset the Dball and reprogram it . Might fix your issues !

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic