icon

programming viper 5704 problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
borisbadenov 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2014 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged  
If I connect the +12V to pin 87 then the ACC2 circuit is always on. When the car is off it is getting power via the relay since 86 is +12 and 85 is GND (is that right?), when the car is on it is getting power the normal way. Looking at the diagram shouldn't 86 be grounded? Then pin 87 will only turn on when 85(ACC1) goes to +12.
howie (aka: harryharris)
Silver - Posts: 355
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2014 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  
12v+ Constant to 87 and 86, fused 30amps.
H2/22 orange to 85.
30 to ACC 2.
1N4004 diode across 85 and 86 band towards 86 so you don't fry the H2 circuits.
87a isn't used.
Test before boxing up.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2014 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  
Pin 85 is grounded through the H2/22 Orange when the remote starter is activated. That's why is shows that wire as a (-).
Do it as described above. It will work.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
borisbadenov 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2014 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  
Ok I must have wired it wrong then. Can you look at the picture above (actually on the previous page)? The ACC2 line is still being activated when the truck is turned off, I believe because since the Viper H3/2 line (ACC1 out) is being pulled to Ground from the ACC1 line when the truck is off. This is causing pin 85 to be grounded which results in a 12 volt potential between 85 and 86, this ends up connecting 87 (+12) and 30 (ACC2) thus supplying power to ACC2 and, unfortunately, the radio. I'm assuming that since it works for everyone else that there is something wrong with my connections. That is why I originally connected the +12 supply to 87a, the relay would actually activate with the +12 potential between 85 and 86 when the truck is off and then shut off, thus connecting to 87a when pin 86 brought to +12 volts (0V potential between 85 and 86) via the H3/2 connection (and +12 from ACC1). Also the programming still doesn't work, I'm hoping that it is related to the above problem, but I have disconnected the relay from ACC2 to try to just have the Viper power ACC1, but that didn't work either.
howie (aka: harryharris)
Silver - Posts: 355
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2014 at 10:04 AM / IP Logged  
Just wire it as I stated, then no problems. Your diagram is wrong!
As others have pointed out, wired that way your ACC 2 will be constantly live.
Forget the theory, I've been installing remote starts since '94 and missing with relays 20 years before that. Just wire as I said.
Test before boxing up.
borisbadenov 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2014 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged  
Well I connected it the way everybody said but it's still not working right. Pins 87 and 86 are fused 12 volt constant, pin 30 is the ACC2 feed and Pin 85 is spliced into ACC1 from the Viper. It seems that the ACC1 is grounded all the time though, the instant I connect the ACC1 wire to the relay it clicks over and my radio turns on, even if the truck is off and the key is out. I thought I might have a short somewhere so I went back to where the harness with ACC1, ACC2 and the IGN wires tie into the drivers side fuse panel. I unplugged the harness and tested the wires I spliced in. They were all open and the female end of the harness was grounded. Could I have a short somewhere else? If the relay is on all the time it will end up draining the battery, just giving the radio (and whatever else is on the line) the little bit of power it needs.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2014 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  
PIN 85 is connected to the ORANGE wire of the 24 pin connector.
(-) 200mA accessory. This is only used to drive your relay!!
The 24 pin connector. NOT the heavy gauge wire harness.
NOT THE ACC1
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic