icon

dei vss5000 interface with dball2pro

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2014 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  
So that's why it's in a SmartStart package dei vss5000 interface with dball2pro - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
gravitational 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2014 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for your suggestions, I appreciate them.
As I see it, here's my options;
A, Try and hard wire the 5103 to the DB.
B, Return the VSS5000 pkg ($150), purchase the DSM200 ($105) and like a 5106 ($128) separate, continue using the DBALL2Pro.
C, Keep the pkg that I have, and just not use the 5103 as part of it, just use the features that the DBALL2Pro has. (I wonder what I'd really lose there.)
D, Return the DBALL2Pro ($90) and purchase/use (hardwire?) a DBALL2 ($49).
E, Return the DBALL2Pro ($90) and purchase/use (hardwired) a FLCAN ($55).
What are the functionality differences between the DBALL2Pro & the DBALL2? If I'm just giving up the "security features" of the Pro...
And, according to the 5103 user-guide, that port is labeled as "Bitwriter/D2D port". If that has any bearing on this...
Thanks again for your time.
Cheers,
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2014 at 4:38 PM / IP Logged  
A and D The pro isn't needed with your install. Use a DB-ALL2.
Back to my first post, the bitwriter port takes the BLACK plug from the SmartStart.
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2014 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  
You already have everything you need to do the install. All D2D does is save you from making a bunch of connections between the 5103 and db all. Everything d2d does can be done in W2W. DEIs d2d is the most unreliable anyways. I've been a dealer for 12 years and have yet to trust d2d on anything but clifford and viper units. The 5103 is an avital/python brain therefore no esp/bitwriter port. Just a d2d/bitwriter port.
gravitational 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2014 at 1:47 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you all for your time and suggestions. I appreciate it.
Cheers,
vane0804 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2014 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  
YES...the smart start module comes with ESP brown, ESP black, and D2D white to connect to directed electronics alarm and/or remote start modules that have either ESP OR/AND D2D ports. you can only connect ONE of the three options. If you are using a bypass module that is using up D2D, you have to use either BLACK ESP OR BROWN ESP to connect to your alarm and/or remote start module (if it has one available). If not, then you have to use that port for SmartStart and use W2W for the bypass module.
in other words, if it does not have a different port (D2D AND ESP ports separately), then..like the instructions say, For systems with combined 4-pin ESP/D2D ports, you CANNOT use an interface (bypass) module in D2D mode when using a SmartStart module. You must
use W2W on the bypass module, and connect 4-pin brown ESP to system.
As for the white D2D from Smart start, it should only be used if you are installing to RSR (Remote Start Ready) applications. all others..use brown ESP plug to D2D/ESP port of system
I hope this clears things up
~It's me!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic