icon

2004 escalde code alarm 6553 and flcan

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
soonerfan51 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2014 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  
I'm a newbie to car alarm/remote start installs. I like to think I am very mechanically inclined as well as electrically inclined. I'm trying to figure out my wiring for my Flashlogic FLCAN and CA6553. I'd like to go D2D if possible. The FLCAN instructions shows how to hook up the module to the remote start/alarm via D2D. Where it get confusing to me is it only shows one wire going to the cars wiring on the OBD2 plug. Can someone give me a quick run down on the connections that I need to make to the vehicles wiring? Do I need to uses the relay that was included with the alarm/remote start?
Basically, a run down of what I need to connect would be so helpful.
I have located the wiring beneath the dash as shown here.
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=133000
Thanks in advance
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2014 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  

Well, you are in luck.  Your truck is very similar to the Yukon in this Pictorial :

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=133000
The ADS DL bypass module used in the Pictorial is similar to your FLCAN module as long as it was flashed with the
DL GM1 firmware.  The firmware flashed on the FLCAN can vary so be very sure you have the FLC-AL(DL)-GM1
loaded on the FLCAN.

A few notes :

1.  Yes, the FLCAN does a lot for you with its' lone connection to the J1850 wire at the OBD2 plug but there are
     many other wires that still need to be connected from the CA6553.
2.  The FLCAN will not supply door trigger signals from the rear doors.  You will have to hardwire those inputs
     directly to the CA6553 if you want to monitor all doors for alarm purposes.

Soldering is fun!
soonerfan51 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2014 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  
kreg357, thanks for the insight, I really appreciate it. I've studied your pictorial a lot, and I mean a lot. I think I have everything labeled and ready to attempt to install in the morning. I'll let ya know how it goes.
It was flashed with the correct firmware. SO hopefully I will be good to go.
Thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic