icon

2011 toyota sienna

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
t1snwbrdr12 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2014 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  
I drove it tonight and forgot to check that pentavolvo. What system is it that you say you like to use when doing minivan remote start/keyless entries? And bypass?
Thanks for the help thus far!
t1snwbrdr12 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2014 at 2:21 PM / IP Logged  
So van idling, get out of it and use the factory remote, nothing will work. Power locks inop, power sliding door buttons inop.
The van was unlocked to get in and start it (with a key, no remote start installed yet). I can grab the sliding door handles and it'll power open them like normal, just not with the touch of a remote button.
Does this mean if I install a simple one button "remote start only" system, my factory remote will become inoperable when remote started?
I assume it would, just wanted verification.
If so, I was looking at the middle-line Viper systems that say they can operate 3 aux functions. How do you go about operating the aux functions beyond the first one? I assume the first is an easy press of the Aux button. What would the second command be to operate the second sliding door?
Thanks, sorry for so many questions just trying to make sure we get what we'll be happy with in this system.
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2014 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged  
The audiovox prestige and pursuit series have remote like these
2011 toyota sienna - Page 2 -- posted image.
They vary slightly but all have the same # of buttons. button #1 is the one I was referring to that only operates once while remote started. The other ones #2 and the green remote start button when pressed and held functions as aux 3. Those all work without limits. Button #1 is only limited while running so when the van is off it will work always, and of course all the vehicle buttons and functions will still work at all times except the factory remote as described earlier. 2011 toyota sienna - Page 2 -- posted image.
To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
t1snwbrdr12 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2014 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged  
From talking to a few shops around here they all seem to hate Audiovox stuff. I was leaking towards one of their prestige systems, but everyone says they are nothing but problems. One shop here does alot of dealer work and regular customer work. The dealers get the prestige because of the "factory" look, which is what I Was after with the remote too. They said they are constantly fixing those, whereas the Viper or any Directed brand components are not giving them any problems.
I guess you guys have good luck with audiovox?
pentavolvo 
Copper - Posts: 241
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2014 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  
racerjames76 wrote:
The audiovox prestige and pursuit series have remote like these
They vary slightly but all have the same # of buttons. button #1 is the one I was referring to that only operates once while remote started. The other ones #2 and the green remote start button when pressed and held functions as aux 3. Those all work without limits. Button #1 is only limited while running so when the van is off it will work always, and of course all the vehicle buttons and functions will still work at all times except the factory remote as described earlier. 2011 toyota sienna - Page 2 -- posted image.
I use these on minivans a lot, you can reprogram the buttons so that 1 and 2 will operate if vehicle is running or not
pentavolvo 
Copper - Posts: 241
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2014 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  
Honestly easiest way might just be to do a 1 button remote start that will also unlock doors for you, then open sliding doors manually if remote started
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2014 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged  
Oh yes programming button #1 to another channel. I have had 0 issues with avox..
To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
t1snwbrdr12 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2014 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged  
Is it pretty common for shops that install remote starts and electronics to not solder? Only one shop locally does solder. Every other shop says there is no need to due to no weather under the dash to effect or corrode splices. While I understand that, I still feel soldering would be much better. I did want to do the install myself until I read more and more into it. Now I wonder if it's a job better off for a pro due to the programming and immobilized bypass, but all the shops around here are making me nervous about the way they install.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2014 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  

Most shops want to save time during installs.  Soldering the connections requires more time.  Done properly, nothing beats a quality solder connection.  Done wrong, soldering can cause big problems.  It does require practice & some skill along with decent tools.

If you have a DMM, are handy with a soldering iron and don't mind spending a few hours on your knees with your head next to the steering wheel, the car is pretty easy to do. 

I kinda like the Audiovox Prestige APS687E for this install ( even though I used a Compustar on the last one ).  The Viper 4606V is another good choice, but a bit more expensive.  With the Viper, you have 4 AUX outputs.  Using them from the remote is painless.  If you want AUX3, you press the "f" button 3 times, then the AUX button.

Here is a photo of the Body ECU ( under the driver side dash ) where most of the connections can be made :

Using an APS687E with a PKALL will run about $110 and give nice results.  Going to a local shop and getting the Viper will go about $450.

Soldering is fun!
t1snwbrdr12 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2014 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  
Would viper still be more reliable than the 687e? Or does that just seem to be a preference with no real founded reasoning?
Can I buy a PKALL already flashed and ready to plug and play into my van? Any advice as to where to purchase from? My worry doing it on my own is if the module comes flashed wrong, am I then disabled and incapable of starting the van since the immobilizer system has been tampered with?
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic