icon

2011 toyota sienna

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
t1snwbrdr12 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2014 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  
And when you buy a remote start and bypass module, do they come with at least something to indicate what wire goes to what? Ex, purple with white tracer goes to ignition signal, etc etc. Or are there no directions at all? I have read there is barely any support for the diy'er.
t1snwbrdr12 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2014 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged  
2011 toyota sienna - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.
Is the viper I was considering if viper is that much better. How would you use aux functions passed aux 1? I don't see an f button. The owners manual wasn't very clear to me. And viper is apparently the worst for the average consumer to install because they don't give a diagram or info?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2014 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  

Very true.  The manufacturer's will not warrant or provide Tech Support for DIY'ers.   The Viper installed price might

start looking better when you think about the lifetime warranty and lack of 6 hours of your own labor.

On that style remote the "f" button is on the side.  Here is a photo from an EBay listing that shows it better :

2011 toyota sienna - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.

The install guide for the PKALL is very good and the included pictures are excellent.  Here is a link to that install guide :

http://www.xpresskit.com/DocumentDownload.aspx?documentid=6832&productid=196&firmwareid=1636
It is essentially the same unit as the Fortion Key-Override-ALL.  Here is that install guide for comparison :
http://fortin.ca/download/2121/key-override-all_toyota_sienna_-_g_key_(2011).rev-b.pdf

As for the R/S install guide, the APS687E unit comes with the full guide.  However, the they do not provide detailed

info about the programming options, etc.  The Viper unit only comes with a very brief 2 page guide with the connector
pin-outs and the programming tables.  The 12Volt Downloads sections has some but not all of the Viper install guides.
The newest model guides are hard to find, even on the WEB.

Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2014 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  
Just a note about the Viper 4606V.  While it can support several, it only comes with one remote transmitter. 
Soldering is fun!
t1snwbrdr12 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2014 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged  
In anyone's opinion, is there a good reason to go with the 4806 over the 4606? I only see that you gain 2 way communication and two remotes, one of which is one way.
If I went with the 4606 one way, is it the same module, just a different remote? Say down the road I add a remote, am I two way capable or is The module between the two different?
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic