icon

control center won't chirp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hunterhyatt3 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2014 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged  
I recently installed my viper 5704 and everything works great, except the remote start. My lcd remote was displaying remote start error. The parking light would flash 7 times indicating a manual mode error. After reading numerous forums over the past few days attempting to fix the problem, I have learned that these systems come from the factory in manual transmission mode and that to fix this requires the following procedures
1 ) turn car to ignition then off.
2) hold valet button ( shpuld be part of antennae) until it chirps 3 times
3)Release valet push once release and then push and hold . On remote hit lock , it will chirp 2xs .
4) turn car to ignition then off and it should remote start
This would work except when I go to hold the valet button it will never chirp no matter how long I hold it, all that happens is valet mode turns on when I release it
Any advice? Any wires to check? Any adjustments to my procedure? Help.
It's installed on a 97 tahoe 4-door
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2014 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged  
1 Are your door trigger wires connected? H2/6 or H2/12? If so a door needs to be open before you turn ignition on then off. If not connected ground one of them.
2 the control center itself does not chirp. The siren does or the horn. If they are not connected you won't hear any chirps.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2014 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  
Actually only ground the green H2. The violet should go to a 12Volt+ constant, either or. Other wise exactly as Smokeman told you.
thespinman82 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2014 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged  
Dude, I have a Viper 4704v and am having the same exact issue! Holy *hit I finally found someone with the same issue. I noticed to beep or chirp from anywhere. I will also try this fix. Thanks for the info fellas! I will let you know what happens.
hunterhyatt3 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2014 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  
My siren is connected and it chirps when locked/unlocked. The green wire h2/6 is connected to the negative door trigger wire behind the headlight switch I connected the violet wire h2/12 to a constant 12v source. I locked the truck, unlocked it got in, left the door open, turned the key on then off, within about 3 sec held the valet button and still no chirp.
Does anybody have any other suggestions?
thespinman82 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2014 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged  
OK. This is what I did to get to automatic. Instead of chirps I get horn beeps which I use to listen to the signals for the programming. I also have the door triggers hooked up too and tested. I followed the man/auto directions you have and just took my time with it. It took me several times to change it too auto but it worked. Just make sure you have the HORN wire from the viper unit hooked to the actual HORN switch and you will get your programming signals that you need to listed for and follow.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic