icon

01 lincoln LS speaker wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
slow_hoe2001 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2005 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  
i am trying to find out the colors of the speaker wires in a 01 lincoln LS. can anyone help?!
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2005 at 5:55 PM / IP Logged  
It just so happens that is what I drive.  Is it the Alpine "audiophile" system or the non-Alpine standard system?
Support the12volt.com
slow_hoe2001 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2005 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  
its not my car. my cousin has it and asked me too find out if i can. is there a difference in the two?if so what
DYohn 
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2005 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  
Big difference.  The Alpine system uses external amps, has factory stereo subs and center channel.  The non-Alpine system has head-unit power, no subs and no center channel.  The wiring harnesses are different.  There is also a "Sport" version that uses the Alpine head and center channel, but has no factory subs.
Support the12volt.com
slow_hoe2001 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2005 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  
i am assuming it is the one without the factory amp b/c he is wanting to add an amp to his factory system for some subs.
slow_hoe2001 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2005 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  
i don't think it has a center channel either.
DYohn 
Posted: June 28, 2005 at 6:23 PM / IP Logged  

slow_hoe2001 wrote:
i am assuming it is the one without the factory amp b/c he is wanting to add an amp to his factory system for some subs.

The way to tell is if it says "Alpine" on the front of the head unit or not.

Support the12volt.com
slow_hoe2001 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2005 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  
well duh.......i don't have the car here right now b/c he is at work. was hoping i could find out some kinda answer so when i go to work tonight i could tell him. i think he is planning on trying to add the amp and sub in the morning.
slow_hoe2001 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2005 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  
so what color are the wires? is there a complete different color scheme for all 3 models of the same car?
DYohn 
Posted: June 28, 2005 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged  

I recomend you use a Metra 70-1771 into car harness and if you want to keep the factory HU, a Metra 71-1771 into-radio harness.  Then use the Metra wires to splice in your LOC instead of damaging the car's wiring harness.  Here are the normal wire colors, but they will vary if the car is a Sport model and I don't have those:

The large 20-pin connector:

Position 5 and 6 = right rear (- white and + gray)
Position 12 and 13 = left rear (- whit/violet and + gray/white)
Position 7 and 8 = right front (- WHITE/ red and + gray/red)
Position 14 and 15 = left front (- WHITE/ black and + gray/black)
Constant power = position 9 (orange.black)
Switched hot in start = position 3 (gray/orange)
Switched hot in run or ACC = position 10 (YELLOW /GREEN)
Ground = position 16 (BLACK/ green)
The 16-pin connector contains the connections to the steering wheel controls and various data bus signals. The cassette systems with external CD changer have a connector dedicated to the signal cable for the changer.
On audiophile systems, there is an additional 8-pin connector wired as follows:
position 1 = sub R line level signal (gray/red)
position 2 = sub L line level signal (WHITE/ red)
position 3 = shield for sub amp signal
position 4 = +12 remote power to sub amp (yellow/red)
position 5 = center channel R line level signal (gray)
position 6 = center channel L line level signal (white)
position 7 = shield for center channel signal
position 8 = +12 remote power to center channel amp (yellow)

And if you have the OEM sub woofers in the rear deck, the trunk connector (on the drivers side) is number C465 and the sub audio uses these pins:

1 = yellow/red: switched hot
3 = shield for low level audio signal
5 = red: constant power from battery junction box fuse F418 (20 amps)
7 = WHITE/ red: low level LEFT audio signal
8 = grey/red: low level RIGHT audio signal

Support the12volt.com
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic