2007 Suburban Video/ NAV custom

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
plaguey23 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2006 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys,
I have a pioneer z1 installed to replace the factory head unit in a 2007 suburban. As many of you know in the 07 factory HU's there is a dvd player that feeds the overhead flipdown screen. Since removing the factory HU virtually eliminated the use of the factory overhead screen, I thought about outputting the content of the z1 screen to the over head monitor. since the video wires come to the dash, i'm trying to find and use the video wire that goes to the overhead screen and splice in an rca connector to plug into one of the z1's monitor outputs.
As a clear example of what i'm trying to do, the rear screen would show the nav map that is also being displayed at the dash. It looks like the factory unit accepted a wire harness from the flipdown screen. I was just hoping it would be as simple as finding the video wires and connecting to them. Has anyone done this or know how?
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2006 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  
It is possible, and yes it is that simple. Look for a plug that has a shielded cable and it's just a matter of tapping into it. We've done a few dozen already.....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
arrivalanche 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2006 at 2:38 AM / IP Logged  
haha your on GM-trucks.com to huh? i just answered it on there but ill post it here to.
video
GREEN = POSITIVE
WHT/BLK = SHIELD
BOTH WIRES CAN BE FOUND AT THE SCREEN (PANASONIC OEM)
BOTH WIRES ARE ISOLATED FROM THE REST, THESE COLORS ARE FROM THE VEHICLE SIDE OF THE CONNECTOR(for adding more screens)
if you want to do what you are doing they should be behind the radio.
plaguey23 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2006 at 10:02 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the replies x2 :)
I just ran into another problem. I can't seem to get the illumination wire correctly tapped. I'm using the orange wire from connector 1 of the z1. I tried connecting it to the orange and ORANGE / black factory wires but that didn't work. Which is the correct two wires to connect?
thanks again guys
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2006 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  
Directechs states it a yellow wire at the radio harness and it's positive....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
arrivalanche 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2006 at 12:29 AM / IP Logged  
when did directechs start giving video info? i found the info on installercentral. their info tends to be pretty legit. dei on the other hand, not so much.
arrivalanche 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2006 at 12:35 AM / IP Logged  
but then again that wire color you give might be right. the one i found was at the screen so it might change at the radio.
plaguey23 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2006 at 9:03 AM / IP Logged  
The video wires listed by arrivalanche were correct, I got the video outputting to the overhead screen. I haven't tried the illumination wires again but i'll try the yellow one. I think Mike's infor was concerning the illumination wire. Thanks guys, I'll update if its successful or not.
choros 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2006 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  
hi guys i have 1 day woth a 07 suburban and i find the starter su must cut the green wire in the ingnition and wait a arod 40 seconds 0o 1 minute after try turn on..........

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic