icon

Fiberglass Dashes

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
biggidaman 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2009 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  

Fiberglass Dashes - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.Fiberglass Dashes - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.Fiberglass Dashes - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.Fiberglass Dashes - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.

Fiberglass Dashes - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.Fiberglass Dashes - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.

here are a few pictures of the console. the console has a smaller version of the shape thats in the dash and will also be a back lit plaxi glass peice but this peice will house the switches for the head lights and the neon's in and out of the truck. i'm putting the A/C controls in the glove box in the console. just to make things look a little cleaner in the dash. in this picture you can see the rings i built for the A/C vents also. give me some feed back here and let me know what you think. More to come very soon. this dash and console are already done i have just been posting pictures when i have time. this whole process took me about a week to complete minus paint and installing it of course.

Biggi Kustumz home base operation since 1998. car audio should be fun not work!!!!
biggidaman 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2009 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  

Fiberglass Dashes - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.

this is the way the finsished mocked up dash should look when it's taken out ,

if you do this right you shouldn't have to keep taaking the dash in and out to test

fit i test fit this dash one time before glassing and one time after, it fit perfect both times.

this is after fleece, two layers of 2oz matting body work

and first coat of primer. check out that AC vent test fit

notice how i did the steering collum. when i did the second test fit i went ahead and made

a glass peice to cover that open area under the collum.

6x9's how Gay!!! lol not my dash can't see it from my house. lol the dash hasn't come back from paint yet.

this is why i like painting all my own work, now i have to put my whole prodject on hold waiting on the customers painter.

and of course it's probaly going to come back screred up. but what do you do the customer's always right. ,ore to come. wait till you see the plaxi pieces.

plain and simple but pretty cool none the less.

Biggi Kustumz home base operation since 1998. car audio should be fun not work!!!!
deeg money 
Copper - Posts: 107
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2009 at 7:38 AM / IP Logged  
nice work biggi!! Its looking solid man. I cant wait to see the finished product. I like how you have an extreme hate for 6x9's... thats awesome. Im not a big fan myself.
Deeg money
"If you cant be good, be good at it"
trible10 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2009 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  
Same here...I think he should have let you do the painting too!
biggidaman 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2009 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  

i'm glad someone agrees with me., it's still not back yet. i'm so tired of waitin' on these people

two weeks now at paint. yippie!!!! lol

deeg money 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2009 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged  
still waiting Im guessing... Hey biggi, I ordered the ac vents in the second photo and They really dont have a way of staying in the ac vent unless they are extremely snug in the ring or something. I havent really figured out a way to get them to stick and was wondering what you have done. I could create a thin piece of glass that goes on my dash that will go inbetween the billet piece and the black plastic piece but I am not sure. Let me know what you did. Thanks man
Deeg money
biggidaman 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2009 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  

Hey money, i rabbit cut the inside of my ring to were it was realy thin and sandwitched it together. so yeah makeing a thin layer of glass

would be the way to go for you. being as ytour almost done. let me know how it works out for you. Hey we just opened a new location

for the store. it's on the corner of 441 and highway 40 downtown ocala. check out the website it's still in the work but it's getting there.

it's OCALACARAUDIO.com let me know what you think.

handyguy7 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2009 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  
Just beautiful work biggi. Do you need a new best friend? Maybe the house next door to you is for sale? Fiberglass Dashes - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.
deeg money 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2009 at 6:14 PM / IP Logged  

Hey biggi,

Man I thought I posted a comment on here last week when you posted your last post. I guess I didnt send it tho. Anyways I checked out your site. Im guessing it is still in the works right now. Its looking good though thats for sure. One day I need to drive my happy *** down to ocala and check it out. Sooner or later I will be buying some audio stuff for my truck and If the price is right I"ll get it from you. Anyways, Hows the dash coming along? You havent posted anything for a while. I am having to rebuild the firewall in my truck so I am going slow on the dash now. The entire firewall in my 83 is pretty much rusted out. Plus I think I am going to repaint the entire inside of the truck and paint the steering column instead of leaving it the black color it is. Maybe you could give me a little advice on painting. I want to do most of the work on my truck on my own or atleast give it a shot. Be easy man!

Deeg money
johnnyhenry 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2009 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged  
hey biggidaman i was wondering if you ever finished the dash i would like to see some pics if u did great work by the way
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic