the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

viper 5901 remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,791
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2013 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged  

OK, here is the issue.  You have a Viper remote start system that is manual transmission safe, as long as

it is properly installed and programmed.  That means that the Viper 5901 is designed to remotely start a
vehicle with a manual transmission.

Here is how it works.  You are driving your car and want to stop and park it.  If you wish to use the remote

start feature when you drive the car next, you must go thru a "Manual Transmission Reservation" setup
procedure that will insure that the vehicle is in neutral when you exit the car and that the doors & trunk
remain closed during the parked interim period.  This is handled properly by the Viper when it is programmed
to Transmission Mode = Manual ( Menu 3, Item 1, Opt 1 ).  This is the default option as the Viper comes from
the factory and must be programmed to Automatic if and only if the Viper is being installed into a Auto Trans
vehicle.  Viper sets the default this way for liability reasons, forcing you to actually make the change. 

For your Viper installation to work and be safe, there are several things that must be done.

1.  The Door Triggers must be connected so that the Viper can monitor all the vehicle access points.
2.  You must run the Viper in Engine Checking = Tach Mode ( Menu 3, Item 2, Opt 4 ).
3.  You must leave the Viper in Transmission Mode = Manual ( Menu 3, Item 1, Opt 1 )
4.  You must find a way to manually bypass the vehicles clutch interlock switch only during a remote start.

Anything less than the above violates the Viper install guide warnings and creates a very serious danger

to anyone near the vehicle.  Additionally, forum rules prevent members from supplying info that would
create an un-safe condition, etc. 

Soldering is fun!
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2013 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  
Well said Kreg
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2013 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
Also BLACK/ white Neutral Safety wire needs to be hooked up to the hand brake wire which is RED / black (-) in the driver kick panel. Door trigger should be in same harness (-) light GREEN/ red.
Tach can be found inside the car at a blue connector above the fusebox. Bottom row, kinda centered, and is blue. There should be a red wire to the right of it.
As for the clutch bypass, You need to move the purple starter wire from the viper off the BLACK/ white wire of the Civic to the BLACK/ Red at the clutch relay. The clutch relay is to the left of the fusebox should be right in front of you when looking for it. it also has a thick BLACK/ white wire or 2 in the same plug.
tr666 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2013 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  
Flobee, I have my brain connected to the tach behind the cluster and to the hand brake wire where the handbrake actually resides. Mine is actually RED / green.
I am not too sure what you mean with the clutch bypass instructions. Do I connect the purple viper starter wire to the BLACK/ red wire located where the BLACK/ white wires are? And should I diode isolate these wires?
Thanks
clayton1985 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2013 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged  
tr666 wrote:
Yep, I plugged the toggle-switch into the brain and made sure it's on.
Do I have to do anything else with it? I notice that there is a "(-) neutral safety switch input" on one of the harnesses, do I have do do anything with that?
I also successfully learned tach.
I had to ground that wire on mine to get the toggle switch to work. Mine is automatic though.
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2013 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  
The BLACK/ red wire is not located in the ignition harness, its located in a molex plug to the left of the dash. The molex plug happens to have BLACK/ whites in it also. You only want to connect the Purple viper wire to the BLACK/ Red and not the BLACK/ white at all.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic