icon

2000 Altima dome light

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
CutDog504 
Silver - Posts: 637
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2004 at 12:55 AM / IP Logged  
OK, back to the drawing board. My original plan wont work. I figured out a setup, but thats figuring the wire to the domelight was positive. But the wire I need to interrupt is negative. Now what?
raydawg357 
Silver - Posts: 769
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2004 at 7:21 AM / IP Logged  
Just use the purple wire from the alarm (positive trigger) and connect it the dome light
Do it right the first time
CutDog504 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2004 at 9:02 AM / IP Logged  
Read the entire post Raydawg. I'm trying to figure out a way to shut off the domelight as soon as I arm the alarm. As of now, it stays on for about 90 seconds after I shut the last door.
raydawg357 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2004 at 9:07 AM / IP Logged  
If functioning properly, the domelight supervision of your alarm should shut your domelight off as soon as you arm your alarm.  You say it's staying on after you shut the last door.  Is this with the alarm armed or disarmed? 
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2004 at 2:38 PM / IP Logged  
Forget trying to rig up a way to interupt the domelight wire. Interface with the factory alarm as I previously posted and the light will function as it does from the factory.
If you lock the door with the key in the drivers door cylinder the domelight shuts off immediately, correct? What I previously posted will simulate that.
CutDog504 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2004 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  
JWorm, I checked into what you said. The light stays on even if you lock the door with the key. It also stays on if you lock it with the switch with the door open and then close the door. The only way I've found that the light will immediately go off is two ways, 1:by arming the factory alarm with the factory transmitter, or 2: by turning on the ignition. When you enter the car and shut the door, the light will stay on for about 60 seconds, or until you turn on the ignition, whichever comes first. Is there a wire on the factory alarm that I can interface with to duplicate this?
raydawg357 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2004 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  

With my 03 Altima, I had to tap into my factory arm and disarm wires to lock and unlock my doors.  You may have to do the same to turn your domelight on and off

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2004 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
CutDog, I'm surprised it doesn't shut off immediately when you lock the door with the key. I think you might be best off going with the relay setup you listed in your original post. Only side effect is the domelight won't turn on if you open the door with the alarm armed....but that might be considered a good thing.
CutDog504 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2004 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah but I thought up that diagram thinking the domelight wire was positive. It's negative. How can I kill a negative wire when the alarm is armed, but ONLY for about a minute or so? I'd rather not have a relay energized the entire time that the alarm is armed. Seems like this isn't even worth the trouble! But I promised my wife I would at least try, 2000 Altima dome light - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image. .
CutDog504 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2004 at 2:13 AM / IP Logged  
somebody, anybody?
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic