icon

Remote start 2003 Avalanche

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tad balzer 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2006 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  

What is the deal with the door pin trigger?  I installed an x-sheild rs and aftermarket alarm in my 2003 chevy avalanche.  i used the gmdl4 and a 555L. all works fine but I keep getting a alarm about 10 seconds after locking the doors. 

The alarm/RS has a green wire to connect to the negative door pin trigger. Can anyone tell me what wire specifically i connect this to. does it connect only to the gmdl4 or what? if it only connects there, what wire?  if else where, what wire and where can I find it.

Any help would be greatly appreciatedRemote start 2003 Avalanche - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.

tad balzer 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2006 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  
on the GMDL4, what wire color is for the door pin trigger.  the instructions are not clear.  Also if I connect this to the negative door pin trigger from the alarm/ remote start, will this work with all the doors?  
tad balzer 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2006 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  
2003 Z71 avalanche
nava94 
Silver - Posts: 296
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2006 at 10:51 PM / IP Logged  
the door trigger wire from the alarm is green (-) trigger, connect that to the 457g , then the 457g has a gray/black wire that say's domelight input , connect that to the same color wire for the domelight on the bcm of the avalanche that's located under the driver dash.now connect the door locks, unlock (-) and lock( -) from the alarm to the 457g. now ground the black wire of the 457g to the driver kick, to the metal for a good ground, any other place you ground the 457g won't work or you'll have problems. now follow the program instructions to the 457g and you'll be set.good luck. p.s. the 457g will control the passkey too without cutting the ORANGE / black passkey wire. used it on a 2003 Silverado worked like a champ and saves you install time. 
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic