icon

2005 Silverado 2500HD remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
arhunter 
Copper - Posts: 82
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2007 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged  
I am having trouble programming the remote start module (Crimestopper RS 1905 FM).   To enter the tach learning mode, it says to start the engine, and press the program switch 5 times, wait for 5 flashes, but all I get is a solid red led after a few seconds.   Am I missing something?
brcidd 
Copper - Posts: 274
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2007 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  
Did you ground the hood pin switch wire- or open hood if hood pin switch is installed?  Can't go into programming mode without it being grounded- also have remote handy and antennae installed so as to push button number 1 (lock) when needed..
Brcidd - Engineer That Does Remote Starter Installs on the side.
arhunter 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2007 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  
I assumed the red LED would blink during programming but apparently only  the parking lights blink (just like the manual says!).   The tach signal works fine and everything seems to work.   Only problem I see now is this:  I thought the GM-SL2 was supposed to do driver side unlock priority but it seems to unlock all doors on the first unlock pulse?
arhunter 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2007 at 7:05 AM / IP Logged  
The GM-SL2 is supposed to turn on rear defrost and heated seats when engine temp is below 32 degrees.   It does not work on my 2005 Silverado.   Anyone seen this problem before?   Anyone know how to turn these features on with the auxilliary outputs?
dre187 
Copper - Posts: 129
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2007 at 10:44 AM / IP Logged  
did you connect both acc wires? the acc wire that powers those features need to be powered by the rs in order for the gmsl2 to trigger them.  i used that module on a 03 hummer h2 a couple days ago and it worked fine.  if you want to know how to do it through aux outputs, i need to know what kind of remote start your using...although it is easier to just power up the extra acc wire.
arhunter 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2007 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  
The remote start module is a Crimestopper RS 1905 FM.   I only see one accessory wire for the 2005 Silverado?  I have pin 2 of the high current connector connected to the orange wire in the vehicle (I used a GM-12 T-harness).   
dre187 
Copper - Posts: 129
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2007 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  
brown is the 2nd acc wire. you're going to have to use a relay to power it up though since the can also has 2 ignition wires...
arhunter 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2007 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the info, the brown wire is straight through on the T-harness and not powered up by the remote start module.   I noticed that during a remote start (no key), I can manually turn on the heated seats and they come on as well as the rear defroster, so it seems like they don't need the 2nd accessory wire to be powered up?    It seems like the GM-SL2 should attempt to turn them on even without the 2nd accessory wire?   

What I would really like to do is control these two features with the remote start auxilliary outputs but I can't find the vehicle wiring information to do this.

Page of 5

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic