icon

LED Scanner

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Anthony1 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2003 at 10:26 AM / IP Logged  

Hi there, I want to install a LED scanner to my car alarm.  The LED that is in the car now has 2 wires blue and red, my scanner has black, red, and yellow.  Can I splice the wires on the existing LED and just hook these other wires up?  If so does anyone know what wires go where? 

achang7 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2003 at 5:10 AM / IP Logged  
nope you can't cause the alarm only sends a low voltage out to the flashing led so to hook up the scanner you have to either hookup black to ground, red to orange wire of alarm yellow no connection, if that doesn't work with the alarm then you will have to hook up black to ground, red to constant +12v, and yellow to ignition wire of car.
02ram 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2003 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  

I am doing the same thing but i installed LEDs in the reverse lights. What is the orange wire from the alarm for?

Anthony1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2003 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  
The orange is -500ma ground when armed on my rattler.  I had no luck using this wire to trigger my led scanner to turn on.  Not sure if the senser option (wire) on the scanner is working but I think it is.  A few people told me that a relay has to be used, but I did not try this. Did not want to spend the money unless I was sure that would fix the problem.
camino 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2003 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  
ok,try this,red to 12 volt constant,black not used,and yellow tu orange wire of your alarm,if you are using a starter kill relay,then a doide has to be used,to prevent ground back feed.insert the diode with the white strip facing the alarm.
02ram 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2003 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  
i put red on the 12+ and the black to the ACC. wire of the alarm...thats what the instructions say to do..it worked....problem is when i set the valet the alarm chirps everytime the LED flashes..is this what the diode is for?
Anthony1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2003 at 6:43 AM / IP Logged  
 I did that 2, but my rattle(alarm)r will keep beeping in multilples of 3, and then it just bypasses the alarm.  And shuts off.  I tried hooking the yellow to negative, red to posotive on my home 12v dc adapter, left the black off and the led worked, but you could barely see the light.  I think I am going to try the relay, maybe
MielGibson 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2003 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  
Anthony, is the alarm orange wire output constant or is it pulsing (on-off-on-...)?
The LED scanner turns on when the yellow wire is switched to ground.
To test it, connect the black and yellow wires together.
02ram 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2003 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  

Someone help me...i can't get this to work correctly ..i'm about to give up..did the + to 12 volt + of the alarm and the - to the Yellow ACC. wire of the alarm. the lights work but it screws up the alarm..the valet won't work and the power locks locking the doors every 1 to 2 seconds

Anthony1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2003 at 5:12 AM / IP Logged  
 I am having the same problems.  I tried everything the led will always light up, but even when the car is on/off and the same when arming the alarm etc.  I think the -500ma may not be enough.  I am going to try a relay
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic